addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are so cute, we are just starting to see some around here. The feral cat population has shrunk.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Oh, the chipmunk. So cute, and yet SO ANNOYING! Ha!
I have to agree with you! I was so thrilled when I saw my first chipmunk drinking on my waterfall!
...then there was two, then more came and they were chasing each other around the pond, didn't seem to care if I was standing there (in fact they almost hit me), but I was still loving their presence!.....until they started digging their tunnels in between the rocks of the wall of the pond! They have done so much damage to the pond structure/liner, that we have to take the whole thing apart and start over!

I still love chipmunk, but they are so destructive!!!!!:rolleyes:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I see them near the bird feeder, one, and one in the front driveway. So far just two. Before that a occasional one over the past 9 years.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Such cute little buggers! Love that photo! Our trees in our common area are now getting quite large and I saw a chipmunk one day and now see him or her every once in awhile.

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
I will try that but my cat is very agile. I had to move the bird feeders to the trees to keep him from killing them. I would love to see them bathing in the stream but seeing them alive is more important. No more cats after this one is gone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Those little buggers chewed the liner under one of the spill stones in the stream a couple years ago. Took me 2 weeks to figure out where the slow leak was.

Ask a Question