Divorce Pond Advice

Reaction score
Country
United States
I put the car in simply for structure. I have the title on the car so it sort of seems it's my business what I do with that car. I assume the title (GREEN) I hold in my hand as I write this (left hand, typing with right) gives me the right the American right to use it as fish structure. Anyway, thank you to those who commented on the bream catfish question and thanks for the link. Looks like the cats will eat the bream, so good. I also want to start a fire pit inside the pond, like elevated in the center but will post that later.

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
I totally LOVE my pond fire pit! I used an old school bus for 'structure', the green algae on the yellow bus makes a distinguished color that cannot be bought in stores. I'm typing with head of a dead shubunkin so excuse annny errs.

Reaction score
After Eugene, it was Eugene’s brother. OK, fine I know it’s a new age of expression for her and she has free will like us all and all the younger ones do these things (I have a small TV), but he has a unibrow and I saw him cook salmon like it was a beef steak, flipping it with tongs on overly hot grill, pink flesh sparking out everywhere. Idiot. I took the grill from him though he was sposed to be hosting me. Got me off my feed. Also he dropped a tulip poplar on his own house while cutting said poplar. Man card should be ripped from him, IMO. Also she did the UPS driver twice, once on back porch picnic table. I know since I have cameras set up for the deer that eat the apples right by porch. It took a picture of her bright oval WHITE. And she did Jeff, no doubt. He said so, so I know. Also he had pictures in his phone.

So anyway I finally left her.

For my grief I am turning to the pond. And a little cocaine. I know, I know, what is this 1980? But I don’t like other drugs and have a black sock of it from when my brother from Memphis (Sodom, basically) visited last week when we went to the tracks and I lost $1400, as I posted earlier. (I don’t go to dogs anymore since I adopted Flying Saucer, a gray greyhound. But I love the horses. You can say it’s a waste of time and money but if I’m not going to enjoy my life while living it, when am I going to enjoy it?) Anyway, I’m not going to go crazy. I’m going to do all of this blow til gone and then I’m not getting more. I’m turning to the pond for my grief and exercise, so my question.

I plan on digging it out a bit by shovel for the next 4 days for a firepit and a table alongside shore, day and night. (I mowed entire 3.5 acres front lot last night by moonlight, a pushmower, for example. GRIEF!! A CERTAIN car passed four times. Looking for her! A CERTAIN blue dodge pickup. )

Once I’m done digging the area for the picnic table, can I add channel cats? There are many small bream, like 14,000 and some two pound bass or so. Can channel cats do OK? They are about 8 inches long. I’m planning on putting in 50. Is that good? One acre pond. I need advice. I’m planning on spending 5 days on this pond right now. Any help is appreciated, especially these orange days. I am asking about bream and channel cats. Can they live together or are they doomed like me. And she.

Sloth
Had an old pick-up drove it in to a ditch on a drug and alcohol binge, but she said it was all my fault so I showed her the pictures, (not just pics on my phone). Anyway, didn't go the way I planned and when her brothers showed up it started turning into a push match until I got mad and the rest is history. Now I'm here and I read your post and I said now there's someone who's on the same wave-link as me so why not ask him.
Do you think I'm crazy or should I just stick to my guns? Please reply quick because I'm afraid it might start all over again.

P.S. is a "channel cat" some type of feline that likes to watch a lot of TV?

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Back this baby up, and you'll have a nice pond structure.

b7772fafe513129a5241db35e7e7a39a.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They do it in the ocean .Sink ships .I guess it is no difference .There is a pond on you tube that has a large island in the center of it .

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
All kidding aside, pond structures are a big item in fishery (farm) ponds. Although they may offer some protection from predation they are primarily designed to supply sub-strate for periphyton growth. They serve as 'snack shops' for fry and forage fish.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It makes sense...protection and surface for algae growth...but cars can also be used for marginals.....:D

500727944_16965892_8col.jpg

Ask a Question