DIY filter waterfall outlets

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
yep... i already posted this long time ago. i think you could make a pretty good skimmer out of these also for use with a submersable pump... and they would hve to be removed for the winter...at least here in Michigan with our winters.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great idea but could I use black abs pipe so it would not show as much as the white .I used some of the black I guess it is used as vent pipe or sewer pipe .I'm not sure it would melt as easy but I think it would since it is plastic too .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have some black abs and will try it instead of the pvc pipe and will let everyone know .I'm sure it will work the same way .I love the idea of making the flow wider instead of just that full stream as it will add more oxygen to the pond water this way .Thank you for the idea

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It worked great and hides a little better .I want to get a bigger one and do it a gain to make the water coming out even wider .It smells worse than the pvc so do it out side and takes a little longer to heat up and you have to be really careful when it gets hot it stays hot longer than the pvc .I have to make a new one ,I have a habit when people say make me one I gave mine to my neighbor Tammy because I wanted a larger pipe anyway .I think I may go with the 8 inch abs this time and stretch it sideways more when I start to flatten it .Koiguys idea was great

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
So are you guys mainly using a heatgun which I do not own, or are you using boiling water and molding the spout? Id like to do this on the spout coming outta my bio filter iv made, I like the look and the water spread.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
a pipe out fall to pond from filter elements .. thats what my waterfalls are , not so pretty but..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I did something similar with my waterfall.. my filter/garbage can filters water vertically and I put 2 pipe fittings coming out the top and attached a T connection to one and the other comes straight out.: I used 2 flexible pipes to go to left and right side of falls and straight one provides the middle flow all are hidden in the rocks.

Reaction score
Country
France
028.JPG

Basic, but looks right for this pond Husband made from Wood...Knocked to shape some tin
metal found in the garden..metal at the back of fall to keep water of the wood..pond lined with
good quality PVC material...Green is an issue, but too many fish maybe, the route of the problem.
thumbnail_018.jpg

TRose

Sophie is addicted to watching the fish.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am sure some of you have thought of this but those who hadnt and are trying to figure out a waterfall setup...i made this one for my basement pond, but you could easily make and use an end like this for your waterfall(s) outdoors by tucking one or more inbetween some flat stones and sealing with some waterfall foam. and would work well for multiple spill points in the falls. much better than water coming out like the end of your garden hose. you can see theres good aeration, and the water sheet is 8" wide where it hits the waters surface. this is a 2" pipe heated flattened out at one end and shaped so the slot is nice and even. i know i could get atleast 12" on a 3" pipe. i have a tetrapond 1000 gph pump running this system. a couple ball valves to control water flow out each spill point.
All I did was lay my 1.5" black corrugated hose from the filter underneath some rocks and let it flow over a wide rock. It looks nice, now I want to put one more in.

Attachments

• 16300775907133611055923424132032.jpg
    16300775907133611055923424132032.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 47
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was actually thinking of using 6" and reducers down to my pipe feed size. I will mess with it a little when I get to that point. I had a few other ideas for DIY waterfalls and weirs.
Please feel free to share your ideas! I'm having a creative block so reading all of these ideas is reloghting the creative juices!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Please feel free to share your ideas! I'm having a creative block so reading all of these ideas is reloghting the creative juices!
@Mattxman83 look for the date when the post was made that you answer to. the last input on this one was from 2 years ago

Ask a Question