addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If we don't know the number we let it go to voice mail, then listen to it when we feel like it. Cuts out a lot of calls. Our vm goes to our email.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I did all the junk last night to get rid of everything coming to my mailbox. Didn't give them my social security # tho. Too freaky to do nowadays.
Screen all my phone calls and block the ones who keep calling that I don't know.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I'm hoping it cuts back on all the AARP junk they keep sending us. AARP was listed as one of the places that it will stop. We don't want to join and they keep flooding us w/mail.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah aarp starts before you even hit 50 then ramps up after you get older. I get aarp for dead husband, new hubbies deceased parents, his brother, hubby and me, tons of aarp junk

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I ask telemarketers for their home phone number, so that I can call them at home later.

When the Jehovah's Witnesses come to my door, I give them literature from our Catholic Church.

When salespeople confront me in the front yard, I tell them I'm the gardener, or just speak German to them.

We have a community mailbox (Canada Post), I simply go through all the junk mail and then put it back in the letter box. Let the Post Office deal with it when they're sorting out the letters.

Have some fun with it. It's your time, not theirs.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
We used to get the Witnesses knocking on the door every saturday for the longest time. Then someone told me that the JWs believed that Jews would never make it to heaven, and I mentioned this to my daughter, in her teens at the time. The next time the JWs knocked on the door, my wife and I were out, and when the gentleman asked if her parents were home, she told then "No, they're at the synagogue." It was close to twenty years before they knocked on our door again, and only to see if we'd moved. ;)
John
BTW, we're not Jewish.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Three JW's knock on a guys door and introduce themselves as JW's, he says "come on in", once they're in he asks them to sit at his kitchen table, then he asks them if they want coffee. When they've all been served their coffee the guy says" okay, now what?".

The JW's all look at each other and one says, "I don't know, we've never got this far before".

Reaction score
We used to get the Witnesses knocking on the door every saturday for the longest time. Then someone told me that the JWs believed that Jews would never make it to heaven, and I mentioned this to my daughter, in her teens at the time. The next time the JWs knocked on the door, my wife and I were out, and when the gentleman asked if her parents were home, she told then "No, they're at the synagogue." It was close to twenty years before they knocked on our door again, and only to see if we'd moved. ;)
John
BTW, we're not Jewish.
JW are scary crazy!! No offense to any who may be, just glad it's not me!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hey wait...............I thought I was jw, but I'm not a JW...............not that there is anything wrong w/being one, just saying :D
I guess some might consider me scary, crazy tho :jawdrop:

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Hey wait...............I thought I was jw, but I'm not a JW...............not that there is anything wrong w/being one, just saying :D
I guess some might consider me scary, crazy tho :jawdrop:
I know I do! :eek:
John

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are lucky, they don't walk down our long driveway. I did get snagged once out in the front yard near the road. I just told them we are catholic, they have never come back. (we are not catholic) They used to constantly come to my house in arizona. Very aggressive there.

Ask a Question