duck weed

carmel

Carmel
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I had tonnes of duckweed, i was scooping it out and composting i had so much, now, after a week of extreme heat, i have almost none. Does heat kill duckweed??

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hmmm... I've found that the heat actually encourages it to grow. Do you have fish? Any heavy rain or flooding?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
maybe the ducks found it...

...better start calling it cowweed; I've never seen one of those in a pond yet...

carmel

Carmel
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Hmmm... I've found that the heat actually encourages it to grow. Do you have fish? Any heavy rain or flooding?
i do have fish....have always had fish and they never seem to eat it...or if they do, they don't eat enough to even put a dent in it....as i said, i am usually taking it out...we havent had rain in a over a week...very dry, hot and humid

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's indeed a puzzle! I would have guessed maybe it got flooded out... Maybe something else came along and gobbled it all up? Like actual ducks? (Do ducks even eat duckweed? No clue!)

Ask a Question