j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I viewed the video's you posted koiguy. I am going to try and change my eating habits to more veggies, berries, and other high micro-nutrient foods and see how it goes. I am not supposed to eat the nuts tho due to kidney stones but think I can work around that. Seems as tho if you make a big salad w/ the good stuff in it as your main meal and make the meat etc. the smaller amt side stuff this might help me lose weight and not crave the bad stuff and be healthier. I guess it will take a few days to not crave those bad foods. This is going to be interesting. I'm not quite sure how to do breakfast tho as a salad sounds unappetizing at that time of the day. Guess whole grains are good but what about eggs? Is this where your protein drink comes in? What do you eat for breakfast?

Reaction score
I bought a 5 pound bag of chocolate flavored whey protein and that's what I have for breakfast. Ate two pieces of chicken for lunch with no sides and a little hamburger helper last night, not much. When I get serious about it it doesn't take long. I lost 3 1/2 inches off of my waist in 3 months. Combined with weight training, a low carb diet really works.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
jw...i eat 1 egg ( preferrably an omega egg)..i slice of 7 sprouted grain cinnamon raisin bread toasted with real butter. margarine is one of the worste things you can put in your body...(partially and fully hydrogenated oils, etc).. and a green smoothy which consists of kale, and spinach, with a bit of orange juice, and acia berry juice for flavor, (and its many health benefits) i also drink a 16 0z water first thing in the morning before i start making breakfast.
and yes whole grains are better than some breads. the least processing the better...but ...theyre not anywhere close to sprouted grain breads.
these are for the most part, the only breads i eat now..... http://www.foodforli...om/our-products ...breads following the "biblical fashion" like Ezekial bread , and Genesis bread...truly healthy and delicious...no flour..no sugar added, no glutens, low and no salt, yeast free as well but nutrient rich...its a little more expensive but it takes days to make.. not hours. there are videos on youtube if youd like to try to make your own sprouted grain breads...
since i started following my plan onThanksgiving i can walk right out of pants that i couldnt even button up last year....gonna have to go clothes shopping but i'm gonna wait a while longer.. till i'm where i want to be... i will say i havent weighed myself since i started..dont wanna get over confident, and laxxed, or discouraged...but i can see and feel the difference...getting healthier is my goal, the weight loss is just an added benefit.
did you know that margarine was originally made to "fatten up" turkeys?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks guys for the info and I was glad to hear that it's good to eat some eggs and certain breads. Don't think I could make it on just veggies but I will be eating a lot more of them and some fruit! I have bought the big bag of the chocolate flavored and vanilla protein powder from Costco but ran out and they raised the price so am waiting for a sale on it. I do eat the regular butter........no margarine in this house for ages..........fatten turkeys eh? Wonder if mayonnaise is ok to use. Kraft is what I have been buying at Costco. I drink water but have been putting lemon juice and a bit of stevia in it for sweetener. Doc says that will help keep the kidney stones away. I ate a big salad last night but ate a small chicken pot pie w/ it. I know those aren't great for ya and will not be eating them often if at all again. I did notice tho that I had no craving after dinner for those skinny cow ice creams cuz I'm thinking that salad made me feel stuffed! Told hubby I'm not eating those. Koiguy way to go on losing all those inches and walking right outta your pants.........hope you weren't anywhere public when it happened,lol! Bullfrog you are doing great also, over an inch a month off you but you never seem to look like you need to lose any weight in your pictures! I really wanna do this healthy eating way of life and lose inches and weight so I'm really gonna do it! I'm having a big salad for dinner w/ anything else I eat now and maybe even for lunch sometimes. I took notes on the G.O.M.B.S super foods and am going to fit them into my meals. Only thing I'm not supposed to eat a lot of is the nuts as doc says they can bring on the kidney stones for me. Darn I love nuts and seeds too! Koiguy do you eat any meat?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
"yes i eat meat, but smaller portions...before i would have loved to eat a steak that would flop over the edges of a plate. and if i had room then some veggies and a salad.. now i aim for 5 - 6 oz tops. i eat a large salad , and veggies first, (basically almost full) then i'll have meat.. always salad as the main dish". did you take down the long list he showed? from top to bottom in order of their nutritional values or micronutrient density.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes sir I did take down that list and have it handy w/ the pyramid one that shows the % of things to eat! I see it says beef, sweets, cheese & processed foods rarely! This is gonna be so cool cuz I really noticed a big dif eating that huge salad! Tonight it will be a little chicken and some veggies and a HUGE salad again! Gonna put onions and mushrooms in that salad too!
Hubby made me a little egg omelet w/ mushrooms, gr peppers and a little cheese in it for breakie this morning! Yum!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You guys are sharing great information!!! It almost motivates me to follow your lead JW. I am like you Koiguy, weight is not the concern, health is but if your healthy the body is bound to follow along by loosing weight. I would love to get rid of this acid reflux and I know processed and acidic foods are the worst for it :(

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Come on then pecan jump right on the train w/ us! I have a little trouble w/ some kind of acid reflux also. I have the feeling sometimes when I eat meat especially where it feels like food is stuck in my throat and I have to drink something to help me swallow it down. Never really have any acid stuff show up and hurt my throat tho. Wondering if healthier eating might correct this?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
All this talk about eating healthier and today in my hubby's check was a paper from Choosemyplate. 10 ways to eat healthier. He is trying to loose weight. His family has a lot of health problems. When I met him, he was a McDonlads daily visitor. A lot of the stuff on this paper he has been doing for awhile. Plus he got a bike and rides it in the mornings on weekends. People are jumping on the healthier eating train !!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Can't hurt us! The other way sure can tho. I just had my big salad now waiting to have some nice bean enchilada's home made w/ the good stuff, beans, tomatoes, onions,avocado sauce etc. and the no sugar sauce and of course some cheese! Yum!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you should use dried beans and soak them to rehydrate...the healthier choice...i made a nice pot of chili....was it ever good... froze 8 individual servings. 3 minutes in the micro...good hot lunches. chili and a grilled cheese made with sprouted grain bread, and real butter...delicious!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep we use the dry ones and soak overnight and enchilada's were soooooooooooo good last night! Chili is a good one also. Yum koiguy that sounds good!

Ask a Question