Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Great!
How do you feed them?
Do you throw them in whole or break them up?
I toss them in whole, but if I had very small fish I'd break them up a bit so the 'littles' would be able to partake in the feast as well.

Cheerios are my 'go to' when I have company over with young children. I can give them a bowl full to toss to the fish & not worry about "over feeding" issues (kids don't like to stop with the small amount of real fish food that's appropriate) ;)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Earthworms. I am now EXTREMELY popular with my koi…
This!

When I am out there digging and trying to finish some other piece of the pond up.... They follow me around as I work. As I find the worms, I throw them in. The three bigger Koi chase each other. I'm making friends!

Ad

Advertisements

Dave Cee

High-school Sweethearts
Reaction score
Country
United States
Once in awhile I toss in a medium sized cooked shrimp and the koi make like Great White Sharks. They already ate the two goldfish and are surly.

Dave Cee

High-school Sweethearts
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ate two goldfish?
Really?
Full grown goldfish or tiny fry?
2~3-inchers. Pond mates for more than a year then the small fish mysteriously vanished. The koi refuse to answer questions.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
Great!
How do you feed them?
Do you throw them in whole or break them up?
My big koi gets whole Cheerios, and when he has been very, very good, I moisten them with a little orange juice. Just a little so the Cheerios still hold together, not dissolve into mush.

Ad

Advertisements

Jhn

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Fish have learned to eat mashed up blue crabs/mussels even though those aren’t for them. Supposed to be for the terrapins

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Country
United States
Mine eat off all of the plants in the pond. So, they've never liked any greens I've tried that I see others feed.

Ask a Question