Finally 8x11 Aquascape kit arrived

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
A full day leveling walls. So next step leveling skimmer and waterfall/biofilter and put in walls for bog. Then plumbing. Progress is slow but steady in crazy heat.

Attachments

• F25F7D7D-DD02-4030-8C5D-2C4ED07DF72A.jpeg
    F25F7D7D-DD02-4030-8C5D-2C4ED07DF72A.jpeg
    336.9 KB · Views: 341
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
You have a lot done, it also looks like a nice style pond. I do hope you post pictures of your bog build, I may be building one in the fall or next spring, and some in-depth photos would be helpful, if it's not too much trouble of course.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I will be posting photos. I may experiment a bit with the plumbing as I plan to add a second pump is my current one can’t handle falls and bog. Thanks for encouragement. I was sure I would be watching it cycle starting next week. Hahahah.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Good for you. I know things get harder in this weather. I must post a photo of some plants I got a few weeks ago. I got them online 40 percent off. I got a water lillie, but it was not a bulb as I thought, but a plant with five pads, it is also doing fantastic. All the plants I got from there are doing great. I will post you a pic from my phone as soon as I can.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A full day leveling walls. So next step leveling skimmer and waterfall/biofilter and put in walls for bog. Then plumbing. Progress is slow but steady in crazy heat.
Nice plan nice execution, are you planning a separate bog or are you going to have one pond wall as a divider wall and leaching into the pond?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
One pond solid pond wall will be between bog and pond with a small water fall from bog to pond. Still working out final dimensions of bog based on the area I have to work with and the need to berm the walls with a gradual slope away. More work to come and we have some serious travel coming up so progress may be slow from here until September.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Just a bit of progress as we are preparing for a bit of travel we planned last year. Going to visit my sister and see my national parks along the way. So, I will not be making any progress on my pond for a bit. Sad that I have to postpone the completion. I really thought I could get it done so I could at least have water in the pond and the pump runing while we were gone. Anyway, I will be posting while we travel and thinking about my pond. By the way we had hard rain yesterday and there is a foot of water in the hole. I think I found the water table.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Just a bit of progress as we are preparing for a bit of travel we planned last year. Going to visit my sister and see my national parks along the way. So, I will not be making any progress on my pond for a bit. Sad that I have to postpone the completion. I really thought I could get it done so I could at least have water in the pond and the pump runing while we were gone. Anyway, I will be posting while we travel and thinking about my pond. By the way we had hard rain yesterday and there is a foot of water in the hole. I think I found the water table.
Safe travels and enjoy those National Parks :). We're headed to Glacier soon ourselves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Enjoy your holiday, relax and enjoy, your pond will still be there when you come back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Enjoy yourself, and have a wonderful time. When you get back to finishing your pond you will be fully energized after your break. A tap house, anything good?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Pressed on to Whitecourt, AB today trying to outrun forest fire smoke. Been 3-days since we saw the sky. Looks like we need to go 2 more days north to get relief. Have yet to see a mountain, so smokey.

Ask a Question