Finally 8x11 Aquascape kit arrived

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Finally on the way back from Alaska trip. Still another week of driving left. Can not wait to get back to my pond. My cameras show it is full of water from rains.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Started working on my pond this week after long vacation in Alaska. Finished digging pond and did preliminary digging of bog. Put a concrete bottom in the deep end of my pond hole where there are a number of seeps that keep that bottom all squishy. The drain I installed along the bottom of the pond hole that is covered with gravel should handle the seeps once I get the pond liner in and filled with water. Installed the skimmer yesterday so now just need to wait for concrete to dry. The concrete will make it easier to install the pond liner. The squishy clay just sticks to everything. Will post some pictures soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Made good progress until yesterday. Appears I sprained my knee, MCL, while digging out the bog. Can hardly walk today. Doctors tomorrow. Will my pond ever get done? Sure would like to hear the waterfall someday, hopefully before New Years.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
hope your knee is ok .I know how it hurts as the wind gusted and blew the ladder sideways and I hit my knee .I was lucky the pergola was there .I put on a knee brace right away and stayed off of it .So get it checked it can be a very painful thing .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Appears I sprained my knee, MCL
Sorry to hear about your injury, it's a bummer that the pond has to wait, but an injury to the knee needs lots of rest. Maybe in the mean time some great ideas about your pond may come to you. Best of luck at the doctor's tomorrow, hopefully it won't be anything too serious.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Bad news on knee, tear of my MCL. That really crushes my pond plans. And of course we are in a band of non stop rain. Here is the pond hole filling with rain. The skimmer is installed with the overflow. The bog is partially dug but piping and valve are in for it and waterfall. Plastic floating in the pond was covering sticky clay so I could work on skimmer. A transfer pump I used to drain the pond is under the black plastic tub.

Attachments

• 123706CC-6D11-40F1-B213-A1C5225786EB.jpeg
    123706CC-6D11-40F1-B213-A1C5225786EB.jpeg
    305 KB · Views: 294

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sorry to hear but the pond is fantastic ,even though not finished .Can you bribe people to help finish it with free food .So far the rain is holding up for me for now and waiting for lawn to dry out so I can mow the side yard .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
The water level in the pond has reached the depth where the drain I put in the bottom is now draining the rain so it will not get any deeper. Maybe I can find some neighbors to help but I really want to do it myself.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It does look great, hope your knee heals fast for you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Knee feeling better. Enjoyed watching 2 frogs that showed up in the unfinished pond. Hope to get back at it next week.

Ask a Question