addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I bought tons of rocks, we just had shale which turns to dirt after it is exposed for a bit.

Wont get too much done this weekend due to a horse show .

Your own horses?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I got a pickup load of river rock in different sizes that we picked out one at a time at our concrete company near us for a cheap price of around $5 or $10. The rest I find when out walking. People save their rocks they dig out of their dirt that they don't want! Score!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Well had a sharp rock drop into the pond down 5' of water. Hope it did not make a hole in it. Had the water running and works great. The Sequence® 750 Series - Model 4200SEQ12 is the right pump for the pond, would not want more water flow. Found I was losing a lot of water, about 3" in the lower pond in 6 hours. I found 1 area of the liner that had slipped lower because of a void space behind it. I know there is another and not sure if I fixed it. Will let the ground dry overnight and try again tomorrow before setting stones to cover the rest of the liner.

IMG_0654.JPGIMG_0652.JPGIMG_0650.JPGIMG_0649.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You are probably ok with the rock. I have had some huge ones get shifted over time, the deer walked on them, boom into the water. Big enough hard to pick up. No liner damage.
I don't use epdm as my liner. But when falling in the water they are slowed down a bit and a softer drop.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Had a look at the pond this morning and see a few of the fish did not like their new pond and decided to explore. There are a couple in the first section below the first waterfall and 5 in the bog. I was watching the ones in the bog chasing a white goldfish, went in and got my coffee. When I came back out my favorite one and the white one decided to move on to the deep pond at the bottom. Would have been interesting to see them negotiate the 2 falls in between.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Figured out why the fish are moving down the pond system, they are spawning and not paying attention to where they going. Look like little salmon rubbing the gravel and being chased by the males.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Just Purchased my first 4 Koi. This is one of them, there is a smaller one looks like his twin. I also have a black the same size, came with the name Ninja because you he is harder to see.He is just below and looks like a shadow, seems to follow this one alot Have a 6" one that is a try color with gold edge to all the fins.
IMG_0687.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
IMG_0685.JPG

Almost done the build. There will be a low wood deck on the side with an overhang on the top pond above. Purchasing the wood today
Just a little more rock and a cover for the skimmer on the lower pond to go yet. Bee good when I can feel fine stuff with my fingers again after handling all the rocks.

IMG_0677.JPGIMG_0678.JPGIMG_0680.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Thanks . Also thanks to all the forum members that answered my questions, gave advise and had other threads that helped form my the ideas for the ponds. Thanks to Abby for the long thread on bogs that changed my mind from other filter systems. Saw a pond where I purchased The Koi and his plats where growing well, cant wait until my bog gets going. I will post a set of pictures when the deck is built and the rest of the rocks done.

Ask a Question