Finally time to rebuild the pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Ordered a 3" gate valve and then purchased pipe and fittings only to find the 3" gate valve does not fit 3" pipe. Back to the store tomorrow to change all the pipe and fittings to 4 " because that fits the pipe.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Well finally got a day of no rain. Placed more rocks, hard work but at least I have lots of them to chose from here at home. Did not show much for the day. Could not have managed without the tractor.

IMG_0574.JPGIMG_0576.JPGIMG_0577.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
The back wheels of my tractor sometimes lift off moving them.
Looks like another day of rain. I have never seen so much rain here in Merritt, feels like Vancouver area with all the rain.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Welcome to the world of wet weather from one who knows :smuggrin:
Nice rocks and things are coming together!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Doing well between the rain storms. Bottom drain and liner in the lower pond and the bog in the middle is in.

IMG_0581.JPG

Saw the big guy in the upper pond, then after I installed the underlay I found the little one in the bottom of the pond before I dropped the liner on him. They look at home, dont know where they came from as the closest water is 1/2 mile away at least.

IMG_0584.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Toads, they inhale insects, only really go to the water to breed. Drop lots of eggs then hop out as tiny tiny things. You would think you would be overrun but nope see lots hopping around then they are gone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Toads, they inhale insects, only really go to the water to breed. Drop lots of eggs then hop out as tiny tiny things. You would think you would be overrun but nope see lots hopping around then they are gone.
The Eastern Hognose Snake, inhaled all my toads :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Did not feel like I got much done today but moved in some more big rocks that where to big for the tractor. Added the brush cutter on the back to keep the tractor wheels on the ground. Placed in one of the waterfall rocks. once I get the others in place I will get out the foam cans and seal them up so I can get the water running.

I am thinking of placing a stack (3) large rocks to build an exit step. The lower pond is almost 5' deep so I think I should have an escape rock.
Is there any issue with the heavy weight on the liner? I have 2 layers of underlay below the liner and will use several layers under the rock to pad it as well.
IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0588.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Good to know as I added these rocks to get out of the pond if I needed to. Probably close to 1200-1500 lbs I am guessing.
Added a little mortar mix to help keep them in place on each other.

IMG_0593.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol my AZ pond was five plus feet deep, never thought about what to use to get out. So had a rope hung on a tree to grab to pull myself out.

This pond goes from deep to walk out.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I just love all your rocks! Can't wait to see it finished.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I chuckle at all the pond owners that have to buy rocks to build their ponds, I have lots of them. Makes digging a pond difficult .
Wont get too much done this weekend due to a horse show .

Ask a Question