Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
20180408_170411.jpg
20180408_134236.jpg
20180408_134244.jpg
20180408_134258.jpg
I was able to finish getting all the pea gravel into the bog plant a variety of irises and day lileys, and test the needed lowest point which is a mini fall into the pond. Very pleased. I think I can check this off the list. Once the pond is done and up for a year or so I might cut back the liner a little more but for now I need to keep it for contingencies that may arise. Not sure how I missed it but I didn't take a pic of the planted irises I was gifted. If anyone needs some I have extras.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If Telion was working on his pond all day like I was and is half as tired i'd be willing to bet he'd rather put a little hair spray in the pipe and light it and send buz to infinity.
Oh man I know you know. So I wont say you have no idea. My arms are on fire from moving all that gravel. I did have some fun testing the bog though made it all worth it. And yep I would love to set fire to buzz and send him to the moon with some pond gas as propellant. Now to check out your work lol.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If ever I have any extra liner showing I hide/tuck it rather than cut...................cuz you never know! Rocks, driftwood and plants etc.are good hiding tools.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
If ever I have any extra liner showing I hide/tuck it rather than cut...................cuz you never know! Rocks, driftwood and plants etc.are good hiding tools.
So true. I will try to do a better job of just hiding and not cutting. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
20180409_184500.jpg
Pics of what I planted most not yet visible lol but thats fine. And disregard the piping that was a test run of the flow back to the pond. 1 of each of the top 2 and 2 of the tricyrtis and siberica, 4 packs of the blue magic irises and about 40 purple and whit irises of a variety i am yet to see lol (they were gifted to me) and 16 liatris (hoping they are marginal plants as I read in a few sites. I also planted some day lilys, none that were what I want (spider and red something lily).
20180409_194519.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
So true. I will try to do a better job of just hiding and not cutting. :)

Have you watched a lot of the you tube pond builds. 10 out of 10 water feature has the water recessed lower then the boulders along it's shore line and the boulders are almost always buried into the hill side or terrain at least a 1/4 of the edging rock is recessed and the liner would come up along the outside of the boulder. where you can bring the soil up over the edging without affecting the bog stream or pond.
As Ed Bealu said" I know I spelled it wrong" but he's a top dog at aquscape. Dig the bond beam or recess for a boulder peal back the liner outside the boulder and back fill up to the boulder. good luck happy scaping

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Have you watched a lot of the you tube pond builds. 10 out of 10 water feature has the water recessed lower then the boulders along it's shore line and the boulders are almost always buried into the hill side or terrain at least a 1/4 of the edging rock is recessed and the liner would come up along the outside of the boulder. where you can bring the soil up over the edging without affecting the bog stream or pond.
As Ed Bealu said" I know I spelled it wrong" but he's a top dog at aquscape. Dig the bond beam or recess for a boulder peal back the liner outside the boulder and back fill up to the boulder. good luck happy scaping
I have and that is the plan for the pond but due to the way the bog sits it will not be this way. The bog has a higher elevation and nothing behind it dirt or plant wise. Still great advise though! Thank you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How's your new bog doing has the water cleared up you should be seeing sprouts from your irises pretty soon I'd imagine

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The bog is not circulating water yet other than the test run so I still need to go through the muddy waters phase. Lol maybe I will do a video when I do start it up with Muddy Waters playing in the background. Still don't have the liner in, we spent the last week on vacation in Miami and now that we are back a taller fence takes a little higher of a priority :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The bog is not circulating water yet other than the test run so I still need to go through the muddy waters phase. Lol maybe I will do a video when I do start it up with Muddy Waters playing in the background. Still don't have the liner in, we spent the last week on vacation in Miami and now that we are back a taller fence takes a little higher of a priority :(
I hear yea . I would love to start rocking in the pond but like your self the bog has to be worked on not much sense in starting up the pond, filling it with water and not having the bog ready to go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Picked up more rocks from a friends house today. Most of these will go around the falls areaand maybe along some of the shelvesto help it hold its shape. But what I am really excited for was the tubing I found for the fish hideout. I had been looking for thisnsince the first time I saw it mentioned on pond digger when I first started collecting parts for the pond a year ago. Its actually about 3 feet of pipe a a 1 foot union.
20180422_134227.jpg
20180422_205601.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Had some great weather and didn't get a chance to work on the pond. Putting up a new fence took precedence. But the pond is next on the list.
20180427_123630.jpg
20180428_134315.jpg

Ask a Question