First attempt at a large pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
About 10 feet then about a 18 ft run up. The base of the falls is the elbow point of the purple line to the falls

That's going to give you the ability to have some crazy amount of falls and with that view it's going to be sick

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Not able to get back to the pond yet but I took a panorama shot to show where the pond sits in relationship to the patio and the pergola. The dirt in front of the pond will be grass again and the pergola will be extended to the pond. I was also able to order the last costly item for the pond and that was the 3"x25' of flexible PVC tubing to run up the hill from the pump. I will likely hard pipe from the bottom drain to the pump since it will be below the frost line and a less brittle pipe than schedule 40 pvc.
20180503_165717-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I worked on the fence straight through the entire dawn till dusk
20180505_173923.jpg
so l could get to what I really want to work on.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Worked super hard on the fence yesterday from morning till night. Only a few more hours of work and I can return my focus to the pond.don't mind the grass its still recovering from the pond dig.
20180505_173923.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Telion Hope it doesn't block your nice view there. Looks like you will still be able to see the mountains. Lots of hard work! Is the fence to keep the dog in or keep stuff out or both?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@Telion Hope it doesn't block your nice view there. Looks like you will still be able to see the mountains. Lots of hard work! Is the fence to keep the dog in or keep stuff out or both?
Thank you hopefully it won't blocks again the cattle panels are pretty open and still give the ability to see The View. It's to keep the dog in unfortunately he has decided that he now wants to Jump 4 foot fences

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cleaned up the edges and shelves since its been raining a lot. The fence is at Appointments where it keeps the dog in so I think I can get the underlayment and liner in this weekend. But I am experiencing one of those moments where I am like "I measured twice and went with a bigger liner than I needed but it feels like its going to be too small." 3" pvc tubing will arrive tomorrow. Should go fast now.
20180509_202455.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Made some GBBUDD like progress today. I am so happy that the liner size was right.View attachment 110508 View attachment 110509 View attachment 110511 View attachment 110513 View attachment 110514

Wow it has a been a while since I stopped in.. You are making some head way/ good deal / looking pretty sweet. I had to truck in boulders to make my yard look like something not so boring. You got the mountain in your back yard that puts my boulders to shame.

What is that carpet padding you placed under your liner?

You did a hell of a better job at your liner sizing then I did. I literally had like 11 feet more then I needed. mainly due to the pond filling in a couple feet over the winter.

Can't wait to see these crazy falls your going to make.

Ask a Question