Fish, Fish, Fish pictures please!!!??

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nepen, These fish were bred at blackwater creek who is a very larger breeder and wholesaler of koi and goldfish. They also make their own food. The first one is one of their "black opals" they breed. The other two are wakins. They have some very high quality fish. The owner of Blackwater was on GPF for a short time. I would love to buy one of their boxes of 25-250 fish if I only had a place for them all!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Nepen, These fish were bred at blackwater creek who is a very larger breeder and wholesaler of koi and goldfish. They also make their own food. The first one is one of their "black opals" they breed. The other two are wakins. They have some very high quality fish. The owner of Blackwater was on GPF for a short time. I would love to buy one of their boxes of 25-250 fish if I only had a place for them all!
I thought that NextDayKoi is the one with black water creek? Oh never mind, I confused it with Blue ridge farm in here in NC for NextDayKoi.

IVe seen black creek goldfish selections and black opal is one of them, they are very beautiful. They listed this one as a wakin and the two calico as watonai though I think the tail are about the same size. The tail of their watonai are not as long as the Raingarden selection but I like that they have multi colors.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nepen, You are right that next day koi sells these fish. Blackwater is the breeder and they sell their fish to next day koi and other retailers. The reason I mentioned it is so you would know these are very high quality fish. Next day doesn't actually breed these fish.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I looked at the black opal, beautiful, wonder if they breed true, the parents give you kids the same color.
120 for three...............like my 2.99 fish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Haha Addy :) it was my first time buying 3 fish for that much... Kinda closed my eyes and hit the button lol. I think I wont be buying the shubbies from them even though they are very pretty but once in a while there will be similar fish at the pet store too, just have to be patient.

But Watonai is a bit different. It's very hard to find to buy and I only found 2 places after looking for a week (that ship their fish and post pics online) and it's very expensive but all my other fish are cheap so that's my excuse, oh and an early b-day gift for myself lol.

A black opal Watonai/wakin is super hard to find. I'm hoping I'll get a few babies like that. Turtle mommy has one too, I'm kind unintentionally followed her foot steps :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Nepen, Can you breed two watonai together to get more watonais? ...or are they more like a "mule" where you need to do the ryukin/wakin cross everytime to get the watonai?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Keith, I think you can bread 2 watonai together as turtle mommy said she has some watonai/wakin babies. Also there is a lady in Texas who breed Watonai she got from Raingarden in Hawaii (but she won't ship them :( )

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
IMG_20140627_181635_222.jpg
Nepen. That's interesting. When I had watonai they were a lot slower than my comets and shubunkin. I bet you would have to keep them separate to breed them. You can see in the middle of this pic my black fish that is changing colors.It's whole bottom is a champagne color.

Last edited:

Ask a Question