Fish, Fish, Fish pictures please!!!??

Reaction score
Thank you :) I have 5 koi ( 2 of which are butterfly, 1 solid orange ogon, and one is black with white markings) 2 blue shubbies, 2 comets, 1 black goldfish and 3 goldfish from a festival. Lots of minnows rosey and silver/black.
View attachment 71816
This is a white butterfly koi

View attachment 71818
And if anyone can tell me the type of koi this black one is?
View attachment 71819
His pectorals are black with the edges trimmed in white and has a white belly. He's really hard to get a good picture of
Nice collection. How many gallons is your pond?

Reaction score
Here's a pic of most of my fish. I don't feed them much so they don't get that big. The biggest one is that spotted white/grey/black one. He's about 6 inches long from 3" when I first got him. But not only longer, he's gotten a lot fatter.

The two gold ones on top are also koi. The pale ones with the red dots on their heads are feeders. They were tiny when I got them last year. The big black one is a feeder who has grown 2-3x as big as another feeder we got at the same time.

The two orange ones on the right are feeders we got this year.

The big orange and white one in the middle is a Shubunkin that really grew a lot just last year. Same thing, all these fish are not just longer, they are a lot fatter.

Also, you can see a lot of algae fuzz sludge at the bottom. The water is absolutely clear, hard to see on this photo. Not sure of the sludge is from the sludge eating stuff I've added to the pond because I usually don't have that after vacuuming.

azgmyw.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
How do you guys get such great photos of your fish??? I'll post a few of mine, despite the bad quality, LOL!

image.jpg

All goldfish: comets, Shubunkins, fantails, a Ryukin, Wakin, and Watonai
image.jpg
Watonai [also in next pic] -- biggest fish I have
image.jpg
same Watonai and 2 Wakin
image.jpg
Watonai [looks like a Shubie in this pic]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow, That bobcat picture is unbelievable. One showed up in Chicago a few years ago and the police killed it because they didn't know what else to do.
Mmathis, your fish are really pretty. JW, I like the way the orange from your fish goes into their fins and tails. It's neat to see so many pretty orange goldfish together!

Reaction score
Wow, That bobcat picture is unbelievable. One showed up in Chicago a few years ago and the police killed it because they didn't know what else to do.
Mmathis, your fish are really pretty. JW, I like the way the orange from your fish goes into their fins and tails. It's neat to see so many pretty orange goldfish together!
Uhm that video says cougar.... Bobcat and cougar are two different animals... Indiana has had bobcats for decades now, but only just recently there were two confirmed sightings of ( we call em Mountain Lions) Cougars here in south western Indiana.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very pretty fish and have you bought fish from them before? Just wondering what shape they come to you in.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Hi j.w
No I have not bought from them but turtle mommy had. She said they are good at communication and answering questions when one of the fish came and had some problems, probably due to shipping. She treated them and they are all fine now.
I ordered some from Nextdaykoi before and the fish were fine and active when I got them, no sickness or problem.
I'll let you know how the fish arrive, should be tomorrow or Wednesday.

Ask a Question