Frogs Only Please.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hmm ... that first pic looks like a toad, and if it is, that's why it didn't move around much and stayed in the rings and floaters! They are good swimmers only when they have to be. It's probably just the angle, making it look fat like a toad. LOL
When I was a kid and my family lived in AZ, we had a pool in the back yard, and every morning it was my job to net out all the dead toads. I think they probably jumped in to lay eggs in the spring, only to find out that the pool had chlorine in it and not to their liking. They usually drowned. :-(

Reaction score
Interesting. I never thought it might be a toad. It appears it did not leave the pond. I saw it floating on a different plant this morning. I will have to take a closer look to see if it has webbed back feet. I am happy she/it did not leave though. LOL Must have jumped back into the pond rather than off the top rail to the ground. ;) :goldfish:

Reaction score
Here is another view of suspect frog/toad. Does it look like webbed rear feet? I guess I will have to try to catch it and check it's feet out. LOL Rt rear foot is possibly webbed? Not that it matters, whether frog or toad. For my own interest, I would like to identify her/it. :)

Attachments

• DSCF5343.JPG
    DSCF5343.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 291

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Does look like it has a webbed foot back there! He's cute and hope he/she stays in your pond :razz:

Reaction score
Not a Bullfrog that I iknow, it has the ridges down each side of its' back. The tympanium is also about the size of its' eye which, if I remember correctly, indicates a femals. I am guessing a young Green Frog. We had a female 2 seasons ago that invited a little fella into the pond. They laid eggs and I transferred the eggs to the kiddy pool. A few did hatch and I then transferred the 3 or 4 frogs to the pond. They then left "home" and this one maybe stayed around here. We also are close to a lake so maybe it has traveled between the 2 locations. Thanks for yoru help in identifying this little one. Further suggestions are Welcome as well. ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Man, you guys are hopping in frogs (heee hee heee). No frogs here yet or ever. Second year with the pond, maybe some day. I remember them in Las Vegas when I was a wee little nose picker so I know they are around in the desert.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
well...my fish are still in the basement pond and i havent done a thing yet to open my outdoor pond. i have seen a 1/2 dozen decent sized frogs in the pond. so its probable that theyve mated. i cant say for sure, but...i have a strong suspicion that i will find a pond full of taddies when i get the water cleared.. hope to load the filter with my media and relocate fish this weekend.

Reaction score
The big guys look like Adult Green Frogs. The little ones could possibly be Leopard Frogs or possibly Gray Tree Frogs? Need a little closer look. :dunno:
We need a Frog emoticom! :goldfish:

Reaction score
How cute it is!! Just need to figure out how to get it in my messages. Could not copy and paste. Hmmmm! Thank You!
froghiccough.gif
. LOL I copied and pasted to an email then copied and pasted here. I guess, where there is a will, there is a way! Woo Hoo and Ribbit Ribbit!
froghiccough.gif

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ha ha you got it..............................this one looks hungry to me
frogs10.gif

Ask a Question