j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Awww neat that you saved the frog and he gets to live in your pond now after his horrid ordeal. Nice of you to give the turtle a free ride too..............it is your day to help the critters out it seems :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
T that frog is so ugly it's cute! At first I thought it was pretty good sized, but looking at rest of photos, appears he's not very large at all. I agree with JW, looks like a blob of poo. But, I would keep him, too! I love all frogs. Wish I saw more tree frogs on my property, but not enough trees to support them, I guess, so have to be happy with leopard, bull, pickerel, and cricket frogs.

Reaction score
Its a froggy tri-fecta except no one is racing to go anywhere! Can you find 3?
photo 5.JPG

Reaction score
Yep, spotted them right away, but then mine look the same, and hide the same, so I'm used to locating them. Neat pic!
The bottom left frog is on a pile of your water celery (?) and the penny wart that the ground hog ate the tops off and left me with stems only! I have some of the penny wort anchored under a flat rock under water and they look so cool floating under the water in the pond!! Everyone thinks they are tiny water lilies The real lilies are set for winter but they didn't get big because they where put in later and moved and replanted! I can't wait to see them next year reach the surface!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Cute frogs! I have seen a bunch of tiny green frogs recently, they morphed this summer, tads from last summer.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I see them all. Oh where oh where have mine gone to? I miss them. Found a teensy one when mowing and moved him to the pond but think he's a little tree frog that will be on the move again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I went outside today with my new camera, and was going to post pics of all the frogs in the goldfish pond, but that would be too many. Suffice to say I have pics of 11 different ones from standing in one spot. I'll only post a few that were kinda neat pics. Some are almost hidden in the penny wart or lilies, while others are sitting on top.
019.JPG
020.JPG
023.JPG
This big guy loves to sit on the overflow of the goldfish pond bog. I removed the irises that were clogging up the outflow,and so now it's open. The fish also like to hang out where the water flows out.
025.JPG
This pic is exciting to me! I took the pic because of the young bullfrog on the waterfall rock. AFTER I saw it on my computer screen, I realized there is a small tan colored frog in front of him! And, I'm not sure, but it appears to MAYBE be a tree frog! I can't tell for sure, but I'm hopeful. :)
034.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The little frog is hiding from the big guy!

I watched this big guy jump off the bank and snag a bug. You can still see some stuff hanging out of its mouth.
Dsc07458.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I was tossing in grasshoppers again this afternoon, probably the reason I saw so many at one time in the goldfish pond. Only 3 are residents of the koi pond this year. Total opposite of how it was last year. Maybe the koi are bigger now and go after the bullfrogs? Not sure!
When I toss in grasshoppers, it's funny how a bullfrog will swim underwater from the other side to come up next to the bug. NEVER do they come up and get the bug. I think their eyes are closed, and they just guess at the distance. It's hilarious! If they jump, they almost always get the bug, but not good at sneaking up underwater. LOL

Ask a Question