j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That bird looks like he's just trippin around your pond like he was on a garden/pond tour admiring all your plants and when he gets to the part where he sees your fish in the water he really perks up.................oh my what nice looking fish you have there as he lick his lips and his stomach growls,lol! Go away now Big Bird!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Your lilys look a lot better than mine. Mine are only about a third of what they were and dieing off fast.

They are still blooming nicely, but the leaves are turning more and more yellow, still have some green ones coming up.

I just remarked on another thread to addy the same thing, I can really see the pond transforming and going into winter mode here. And the more leaves that die back the hungrier ole heron gets! :-(

I was debating about cutting them back before we leave, but decided to leave them up even if they get gross, at least coverage as long as possible. We will be back mid october.

That bird looks like he's just trippin around your pond like he was on a garden/pond tour admiring all your plants and when he gets to the part where he sees your fish in the water he really perks up.................oh my what nice looking fish you have there as he lick his lips and his stomach growls,lol! Go away now Big Bird!

Yeah jw It sure does perk up with the site of those fish. But most of its time here now is spent in the gardens eating the bugs, so not sure if we have won or is it thinking of a different way to attack.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh no addy there is now a gator in your pond..............yikes!

lol yeppers, need to anchor it though it gets pulled to the falls. Will see with my constant heron watching what it does now............

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Will be interesting to see when or if the heron comes back if he eyeballs the gator and then takes off, lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
well it showed up again today, just left

We watched it work the gardens for bugs, for over an hour, my cricket population is decreasing! Then it walked up to the pond, stayed 6 feet plus from the fence, full alert mode. Then walked into the bog, stayed far from the fence watching the water in alert mode. I think that silly alligator head with the shiny eyes is working. Still leaving the fencing up, don't trust it that much

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Are his visits getting shorter? I think once he gets tired of a diet of just crickets he may stay away and if he sees that gator moving every time he comes he may think it's real. I can hardly see the fishing line or the fencing in the camera windows. Everything looks as beautiful as can be!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yeah even from the house you can't really see the fencing. I put the head on a long piece of fishing line tied to a rock so it is constantly moving. The thing has big yellow sparkly eyes.

Its visits vary from 1 to 2 hours. This time though it only went near the pond the one time then stayed away out in the gardens.

Ask a Question