Fungus

Reaction score
Hello. Two of my koi have obvious fungus. My pond maintenance guy suggested using pimafix and melafix in my 1000 gallon pond. (I have 6 koi and one goldfish). I am on the fifth day and the fungus looks worse to me, not better. Can anyone suggest a more aggressive treatment and can I start it right away or do I have to wait out the 7 day course I'm on? I have had this particular pond for 4 years with no problems until now.
Thanks

Reaction score
Hello. Two of my koi have obvious fungus. My pond maintenance guy suggested using pimafix and melafix in my 1000 gallon pond. (I have 6 koi and one goldfish). I am on the fifth day and the fungus looks worse to me, not better. Can anyone suggest a more aggressive treatment and can I start it right away or do I have to wait out the 7 day course I'm on? I have had this particular pond for 4 years with no problems until now.
Thanks

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Re: Koi have fungus please advise

Do you have a hospital tank they can be treated in? You might try tetracycline in the HT and I would bring the pond to .1% saline as a precaution for the others.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
Re: Koi have fungus please advise

Do you have a hospital tank they can be treated in? You might try tetracycline in the HT and I would bring the pond to .1% saline as a precaution for the others.

Ask a Question