Gemma's babies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow, so beautiful.....I can't wait to follow their along on this thread and watch them grow :)
Thanks!
The two 1yr olds have already changed a lot. Drake is a Kin Kikokuryu like Gaia, only difference he is silver and yellow, the black is starting to develop this year and I imagine the white will too. I don't have good pics of him, but I will keep on trying.
I have pic of the orange I call "Jello" you can see when I purchased him/her it was yellow and the "zipper" along the back was just coming in. (The solid yellow you see in the pic is Star! I've decided to leave her in the other pond so I have yellow there too)I hope it's not too confusing.

newfish3.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I really like the yellow ones! My pond is too small for koi -- I read that there are canary yellow goldfish - I might have to look into that. Your koi are lovely!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you! I'm hoping to take better pics someday. :)
How exciting it is to be waiting for the arrival of new fish huh?
I'm done doing that, I have 20 koi and 2 shubbies, and I think 11 fish x pond is the very max I want to have

The very last fish I purchased is a blue Kujaku I decided to try thanks to you posting about yours
I named him/her Sky, you can see why

View attachment 120487
Gemma. i'm looking forward to your reports on how your fish develop as they grow. It's very exciting when the colors get stronger and the fish get more dramatic looking. I haven't been too active here because of our Asia trip but will start posting more stuff on my blog on my goldfish pond blog. I have gotten very bit by the Koi bug. We will see how things develop in my pond this year. Good luck with your beautiful fish!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I really like the yellow ones! My pond is too small for koi -- I read that there are canary yellow goldfish - I might have to look into that. Your koi are lovely!
Thank you! :)
I'd never heard of A yellow goldfish but I guess they do exist.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Gemma. i'm looking forward to your reports on how your fish develop as they grow. It's very exciting when the colors get stronger and the fish get more dramatic looking. I haven't been too active here because of our Asia trip but will start posting more stuff on my blog on my goldfish pond blog. I have gotten very bit by the Koi bug. We will see how things develop in my pond this year. Good luck with your beautiful fish!!!
Thank you @CometKeith ! :)
I'm glad you plan on posting on your blog, believe it or not I learned a great deal from following your experience,
Can't wait to see those babies you get today!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you! :)
I'd never heard of A yellow goldfish but I guess they do exist.

I have a couple yellow goldfish in my pond. Bought them at William Trickers.

Not the best pictures but you can see the yellow compared to the orange fish.

20190506_192034.jpg

20190506_191859.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was finally able to put plants in the plant pool of the new (unfinished) pond. Now they just need to grow.
I have : Taro, Umbrella Palm, Hyacinth, Iris, Pickle rush, Impatient, Hosta, Water Lily, Water Marigold, a Bengal Tiger Canna, Cardinal Lobelia, creeping Jenny and a bit of algae

In case I haven't said it, the pond cover is temporary, we will make it nicer once we're done fencing in the court...I can't believe it's been a year and this pond is still not done!
smscream.gif

plantpool.jpg

koijun3-10.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That build is looking great!
Thank you!
Your water Lily are both coming along great, and they're special, cause I got'em from you
smwink3.gif

It looks beautiful and soon it'll be lush ! I'm excited for you :)
Thank you!
Being the first year I really don't know what and if it's going to all work out, but my hopes are up, way up!
snjumpingwithhearts.gif

The Heron has been stopping regularly even though it really can't get to the fish. It'd be great if it left me a few frogs

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This is the new aluminum extrusion frame that support the mesh! Now all we need to do is trim the mesh and put the capping stones in place

mesh.jpg

Ask a Question