Gemma's babies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We are done dry laying the caps....not as easy as we were anticipating!
pond2capped2.jpg

pond2capped4.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Wow looks very nice @Gemma and a nice wall to go w/it!
Thank you! So now you know what was keeping me from being here...that wall has been a pain, but all it needs now is some paint and it was all worth it! It wraps all around the chicken coop, I plan on filling the court with pollinator's plants (thanks @mrsclem for the inspiration) :)
Thank you cas! :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Gemma, that is one of the most innovative garden fences I have ever seen! Especially that gate, wow! It all looks just great and well worth all the hard work. I wish I could see the fish better but I know you have to protect them.
Barb

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Gemma, that is one of the most innovative garden fences I have ever seen! Especially that gate, wow! It all looks just great and well worth all the hard work. I wish I could see the fish better but I know you have to protect them.
Barb
Thanks @BarbO ! Those pics are taken from up on the deck, and yes without the mesh it would look nicer, but protecting my babies takes priority over looks. I love my koi!
smloveit2.gif
I will post up close pics of the fish, which is actually the reason I started this thread, so I can see how they change over time

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Me too don't really love my netting but if it keeps the fishy piggies safe that's what counts and so much peace of mind when I go away knowing they are safe
1567261849043.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Some pics of the koi (pay no attention to the spanning foam) ...so far the changes since Spring I noticed:
Glitter (Ochiba S.) totally changed color and is now silver and black with a white underside
Drake ( Kin Kikokuryu ) used to have yellow head and now it's white, still has yellow patches all over.
Gaia (largers Kin Kikokuryu) has a lot more black on the sides of her face. She's still working on rearing the damaged left fin, I can see it's growing back, I wonder how long it's going to take to complete the healing
Sky (Doitsu Kujaku) Has not grown a whole lot compare to the other fish, I'm thinking it's a male! The fins were white with a little yellow strick and now they're completely yellow
Bumblebee (Hi Utsuri) was yellow and black, now she (I think it's a she) is a nice red/orange and black stripped
All the other just grew in size, I don't notice any change in colors or patterns

20190831_120147.jpg

20190831_120258.jpg

20190831_122353.jpg

20190831_122402.jpg

20190831_122545.jpg

20190831_122612.jpg

20190831_122613.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
They're gorgeous ! Aren't you thrilled with how everything turned out ?! I love your customized netting :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
They're gorgeous ! Aren't you thrilled with how everything turned out ?! I love your customized netting :)
Thanks!
Yes actually I'm very pleased with the whole courtyard project!
I think of the deck we removed to build this pond, and I have no regrets! Everyone that comes over gets stuck on the deck looking down at the koi (the courtyard is private) , and the koi gather below, looking up hoping for food, it's quite entertaining.
The water flows great in a perfect circle , the plants didn't do good this year not even in my other pond, but the whole thing is better than I was expecting!
I'm not sure if I've said it somewhere in the construction thread, but the whole design of the pond was made around the size of the sheets the mesh comes in. I could not imagine covering my ponds with anything other than this thick mesh..I'm very happy it all worked out.

The wall is entirely made of concrete and PVC pipes. The unpainted area is temporary, that's where the fireplace will be built. It looks slanted in pic but it's actually level. I really love the whole courtyard!

Here's the before and after

deck1.jpg

newpond1.jpg

newpond.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks magnificent! What exactly is that nice looking mesh made of and wonder if it could be raised up on posts? Then wonder if it could, if the snow would crush it down if it was up on posts? Looks kind of like it is made of metal.

Ask a Question