Gemma's babies

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
i don't think it's less but it's the exact same amount but on a smaller package and when the fish grows the gin rin separates as the fish grows and appears to be less but also will fade
Make sense, if they don't grow more

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Beautiful! Gemma~ Could you tell me what type of netting or wire you have over your pond?
Thank you!
The pond is covered with heavy duty mesh used for robotic guarding, it's called :
1 1/2" x 1 1/2" square PVC coated steel wire mesh
12 gauge thickness
comes in 4'x8' panels and it's very durable, in fact the one on my first pond has been there for several years and it hasn't changed any

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thank you!
The pond is covered with heavy duty mesh used for robotic guarding, it's called :
1 1/2" x 1 1/2" square PVC coated steel wire mesh
12 gauge thickness
comes in 4'x8' panels and it's very durable, in fact the one on my first pond has been there for several years and it hasn't changed any

Hi Gemma. I hope you are doing okay with all this covid stuff. Just wondering how your new fish are doing and if you took any pictures recently. I myself recently purchased a Showa and a Shiro Utsuri. I’m happy with both of them. Looking forward to seeing your Koi pics!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Gemma. I hope you are doing okay with all this covid stuff. Just wondering how your new fish are doing and if you took any pictures recently. I myself recently purchased a Showa and a Shiro Utsuri. I’m happy with both of them. Looking forward to seeing your Koi pics!
smhello.gif
Keith, I'm doing great actually (thank you for asking) just been "Spring busy" like every year I disappeared to work on a project, This year's project is the pollinator's garden, inside the courtyard we built last year.
I want to attract bees, butterfly and hummingbirds! I want it to look like an enchanted garden out of a fairy tale book...what can I say, I'm still a child at heart
smsmilewink.gif

My new fish.... the ones that I had indoor last year and the latest kujaku who I named Ella, are all doing great! I would definitely
recommend McBride koi (Mokoi) to anyone who shops for koi online
Unfortunately both of the 5 inch I bought last Summer are gone. I have no idea where but my money's on the very bad bullfrogs
smsad.gif

I will definitely post pics, I'm kinda waiting for the pond plants to grow so it'll look a bit better

ps Good luck with your new fish, I will catch up on reading, soon)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Well my project this year ( Court landscaping) took longer than I thought but it's done, and it turned out beautiful!
smalzaciglia.gif

My fish are all doing great. The pics are bad as always, but you can see how much those that were babies in Spring, have grown.
These pics are from both my ponds

October 2020.jpg

October2020 b.jpg

October2020 c.jpg

October 2020 F.jpg

October2020 E.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your pond looks great and glad to hear your fish are doing fine also.
Nothing is getting into that pond for sure w/that secure top covering screen
1601918486636.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Your pond looks great and glad to hear your fish are doing fine also.
Nothing is getting into that pond for sure w/that secure top covering screen View attachment 134439

Thanks!
It looked better 2 weeks ago, with all the plants and blooms. Unfortunately we had frost early and I had to remove many of the plants

This is how we landscaped the court

Court2020 D.jpg

Court2020 A.jpg

Court2020 B.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks! It really is easy.
It is a mix of pollinator plants ( was inspired by @mrsclem butterfly garden) and some veggies here and there, it really worked out great, lots of hummingbirds and butterfly, zero weeds to pull the whole season.
smbutterfly.gif

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today we started the last phase of the court built, the fireplace!
We've been researching for the last year 1/2, I hope hubby knows what he's doing!
smscared2.gif
smlaughing4.gif

Ask a Question