sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Never heard of that .:)We did not even get a black and white tv until I was 10 .At midnight they played the National Anthem and showed the flag and then you got nothing .But at least tv was free to watch , but you only got a few channels .Now you pay and some of the channels are a waste of time .I love the history channel and the how to shows and garden shows .I did like Bewitched .Petticoat Junction and Green Acres and who did not love Gilligans Island .I have seen TV go down hill since all these stupid shows have come on and ruined tv .All those stupid house wives shows and the Kardasians and now the 2 idiots blac and rob .Sad they have to air there dirty laundry on tv and people watch that crap and there children learn from garbage tv .Back then we were a society of dreamers but now we are slapped in the face with stupidity

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
We split the cost with our neighbors, the company doesn't know it, makes it cheap. One can that we all fill
Sometimes share with the neighbor if one of us needs extra room. How dare we!!!

peter hillman

Let me think for minute....
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
3-5
Country
United States
Never heard of that .:)We did not even get a black and white tv until I was 10 .At midnight they played the National Anthem and showed the flag and then you got nothing .But at least tv was free to watch , but you only got a few channels .Now you pay and some of the channels are a waste of time .I love the history channel and the how to shows and garden shows .I did like Bewitched .Petticoat Junction and Green Acres and who did not love Gilligans Island .I have seen TV go down hill since all these stupid shows have come on and ruined tv .All those stupid house wives shows and the Kardasians and now the 2 idiots blac and rob .Sad they have to air there dirty laundry on tv and people watch that crap and there children learn from garbage tv .Back then we were a society of dreamers but now we are slapped in the face with stupidity
Hey I used to watch test patterns for hours..... TV is TV.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I was born in 1955, and I recently researched the TV that was available in the UK 60 years ago. In the UK there was only one TV channel - the BBC. Black & white obviously, and childrens' programmes were broadcast until 5pm. Then the broadcast was switched off until 6pm to allow parents to put their children to bed before "adult" broadcasting started with the news at 6.

One of the programmes presented that year was a very young David Attenborough presenting a wildlife documentary on penguins.

Imagine trying to get today's youngsters to bed before 6! But David keeps going. Has his Planet Earth 2 series been broadcast state-side? If you can get it, it's quite amazing.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
People spending to much time on puters ,cell phones and tablets and do not socialize .I had a lady run into me with her cart at the store because she was busy texting .My cell phone is for emergency only ,when I am out I am enjoying the world around me .Then you include people with headsets talking to themselves .;)crazy stupid world life is out there .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So I'm typing along this morning and go to type the letter c and nothing happens. So annoying and why?

So I have to do a search to see why no c. Well try typing that you are looking to find out why no c in the search bar when you can't type a c! So finally copied the letter c from something already posted and pasted it in the search bar. Whew all this for the letter c! Finally someone said hit Cap Lock and Shift at the same time and try that and then set back to regular size and hey it worked for now anyways.
You know it will happen again out of the blue when least expected so I wrote that tip down for sure

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
But you only use her when needed and if she is a spy then lots of people with cell phones are being spied on and then you have all the new talk to stuff for your home like google .You are on the puter you are spied on .Why do you think some people go off grid and have none of that stuff .Even the things for your car spy on you .GPS is a spy in the sky .You can't get away from it .Everything is a spy .

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
As of January 1st, 2017 menthol cigarettes will no longer be available in Ontario as they are deemed to be a lure for younger people.

However, marijuana will soon be available from retail outlets.

Moral of the story? There will never, ever, absolutely ever be menthol marijuana for sale.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Don't buy sears kenmore appliances .I am the lucky one ,I was home when it happened .I read some horror stories about there stuff online and it was scary .

Ask a Question