Getting closer....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
CE, that Jacobs later is really pretty. I may have to see if I can find one. And I love weigela plants. The nurseries have one here that is a dwarf weigela called "my monet" I'm planning to get one eventually too. You should google it. It has cream and green variegated leaves that get pinkish the more sun exposure, and hot pink flowers. Its my favorite one. I will try to take some pics tomorrow. Its supposed to be sunny out then. Off to work I go.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
That would be pretty, Todd. Do you have a picture of it, or know the variety so I can look it up? And, Jen, I looked up the one you referred to and it's really pretty! Never seen that one around here. Will have to keep my eyes open for that one. Mine is supposed to stay pretty small, too. We'll see. She said if it gets larger than I want, I can trim it back in the fall "when you trim your boxwoods" ... I don't have any boxwoods. LOL But, I get the idea. For some reason this year, either I'm more drawn to yellow and green leaves/plants (this jacobs ladder, a new hosta, lamium plant, and now this weigelia), or this year there are far more on the market than last year. Guess new stuff comes out every year to keep us interested and buying .... :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That would be pretty, Todd. Do you have a picture of it, or know the variety so I can look it up? And, Jen, I looked up the one you referred to and it's really pretty! Never seen that one around here. Will have to keep my eyes open for that one. Mine is supposed to stay pretty small, too. We'll see. She said if it gets larger than I want, I can trim it back in the fall "when you trim your boxwoods" ... I don't have any boxwoods. LOL But, I get the idea. For some reason this year, either I'm more drawn to yellow and green leaves/plants (this jacobs ladder, a new hosta, lamium plant, and now this weigelia), or this year there are far more on the market than last year. Guess new stuff comes out every year to keep us interested and buying .... :)

called marketing! ce

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yep, Addy, it is. :) I don't mind that type of marketing at all! Love to see all the new stuff each year. What I don't like about marketing is when the whole darn grocery store swaps things around, and you have no idea where to find things. I know it makes me look at other things I normally would not look at, but when I'm in a hurry ... not good. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Here are a couple pics I took today. None of the plants are really doing anything special right now, except the new shrub I got with the red new growth. So I didn't take many up close ones. The one shot is from the side so you can see what is behind the bog, since the panoramic shot doesn't really show it. Hopefully I won't need the "fence" long, we're trying to keep the dogs out from where we planted everything and especially where we replanted the grass in front of the edging. Any tips to keep them out please share!

Attachments

• DSC04887.JPG
    DSC04887.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 171
  • DSC04890.JPG
    DSC04890.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC04892.JPG
    DSC04892.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 248
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
And here are the fish. Only managed to get one good photo so I swtiched to video. Haven't figured out how to adjust my camera to get awesome fish pics like some of you post! Also, I posted the video to another topic too, but in case you all aren't following that one....

Attachments

• DSC04854.JPG
    DSC04854.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 217
Reaction score
Everything looks great. Looks like you have some plump goldfish in the video. Any chasing going on? I have some plump looking ones too and even found some eggs in my water hyacinths already. I'm ready for the warm weather to stick around already.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks nice Jen and viewed your video in the other post of your pretty fish!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Very nice, the only thing that will keep your dogs out is those collars............or extremely good aversion training.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well, probably no point then. Sadie is very easy to train with those collars, she hears the tone and hides. Sebastian on the other hand just suffers through the shock on his bark collar and keeps going, and with the remote one it only works if we are right on top of him, and he knows when he isn't wearing it. I was hoping one of these things I've heard like red pepper works....

My fish were chasing a few weeks ago when it was warm before, but nothing like that since.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Jen everything looks great, and the video was so much fun to watch. That pale yellow or white koi has REALLY long fins, gorgeous!!! They all look to be very happy in their clear water. I'm so jealous, as I'm still dealing with murky water. Love your plant with the red leaves. Very striking and an eye catcher for sure.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
She is my favorite one. I say she just because I want her to be a girl and really have no idea! LOL. Plus Alex named her Carla. I think I noticed some growth on my bog plants this morning. The horsetail rush is looking taller then before! Yea for warmer weather!!

Ask a Question