Give me Pump Advice please :P

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone and thankyou in advance for any advice criticisms ect.

I'm currently in the process of building a 800 gallon pond specifically for aquaponics.
I need a pump that is going to circulate the water every 2-3 hours or so. I need to pump the water up 8-10 feet into the air.

I currently own a Clear Answer 1 (http://www.watergarden.org/Pond-Supplies/Leader-Clear-Answer-1-Pump) which is rated at 1800gph but at 10 feet in the air it will pump somewhere around 1000-1200 gph, which in my opinion is about 600+ gallons to much per hour. I had planned on putting in a T junction so I can direct just enough flow to my grow beds for my plant needs and having the rest literally dump straight back onto the pond at the height of 8 feet or so thus aerating the water and saving me from having to use an airpump to help keep my fish happy.

The Clear Answer 1 is a powerful pump and at 220 watts ain't a super hog on the electric bill, but I have access to a feller that is selling a brand of pump I can't find a lot of information on. The brand of pump is called Sealine and the two models are 6940 and 6950. The 6940 is rated at max 10 foot head pressure so I don't think it will meet my needs but the 6950 'might' meet my needs. The 6950 max head pressure is 13 feet it says but how much water would that be at 8-10 feet? The guy is offering me good deals on both models but I cant find any reviews on this SEALINE brand. I'd like to have a backup pump in case my main pump fails sometime in the future however I've read this thread https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/harbor-freight-pumps.16340/ and figured that if I have a pump failure I can always rush over to Harbor Freight and pickup a backup.

So if any of you have any advice on Sealine Brand pumps please let me know. If you have any advice on pumps that would meet my needs but not break my pocket book please fill me in. All advice is appreciated.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use laguna pumps because of there energy efficiency and they come with a 4 year warranty .What is the gph of the pumps and the price .My 2900 gph uses 85 watts and the 2400 gph is using 55 watts

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Hello everyone and thankyou in advance for any advice criticisms ect.

I'm currently in the process of building a 800 gallon pond specifically for aquaponics.
I need a pump that is going to circulate the water every 2-3 hours or so. I need to pump the water up 8-10 feet into the air.

I currently own a Clear Answer 1 (http://www.watergarden.org/Pond-Supplies/Leader-Clear-Answer-1-Pump) which is rated at 1800gph but at 10 feet in the air it will pump somewhere around 1000-1200 gph, which in my opinion is about 600+ gallons to much per hour. I had planned on putting in a T junction so I can direct just enough flow to my grow beds for my plant needs and having the rest literally dump straight back onto the pond at the height of 8 feet or so thus aerating the water and saving me from having to use an airpump to help keep my fish happy.

The Clear Answer 1 is a powerful pump and at 220 watts ain't a super hog on the electric bill, but I have access to a feller that is selling a brand of pump I can't find a lot of information on. The brand of pump is called Sealine and the two models are 6940 and 6950. The 6940 is rated at max 10 foot head pressure so I don't think it will meet my needs but the 6950 'might' meet my needs. The 6950 max head pressure is 13 feet it says but how much water would that be at 8-10 feet? The guy is offering me good deals on both models but I cant find any reviews on this SEALINE brand. I'd like to have a backup pump in case my main pump fails sometime in the future however I've read this thread https://www.gardenpondforum.com/threads/harbor-freight-pumps.16340/ and figured that if I have a pump failure I can always rush over to Harbor Freight and pickup a backup.

So if any of you have any advice on Sealine Brand pumps please let me know. If you have any advice on pumps that would meet my needs but not break my pocket book please fill me in. All advice is appreciated.
The seller of these pumps should have access to the performance curve charts for these pumps. If he doesn't, then "Caveat Emptor".

Ask a Question