Going for it! phase one 12,000 gallon pond.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD how are you doing the underwater shots?
They are not underwater those fish were coming up out of the water after a bit of food that is in the clump of moss, you can see it in the photo . They are climbing up on the floating log In the main pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You should sign up for one of those artists sites and make prints of these photos! That top one should be framed and on someone's wall!
For 179.99 it can be yours on a metal print or canvas.
THANKS

It did come out pretty nice its my newest desk top. I should say the heck with pond building and go to photography it's a lot less physically demanding.

I was out at the pond for a couple hours trying to better it last night. as I have the wild oinion blooming and the night/fairy lilies all around hobbit falls and to each side of the main falls in bloom. But the light didn't cooperate.

Stay tuned. Funny thing about photography some times less is more I may never better that shot above.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Price was a a bad joke it was what i just spent on a photo i took when i was in Baltimore. Its a wedding present

but here are some shots i took earlier today
Pond 2023.jpg
Pond 2023-2.jpg
Pond 2023-3.jpg
Pond 2023-4.jpg
Pond 2023-5.jpg
Pond 2023-6.jpg

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Price was a a bad joke it was what i just spent on a photo i took when i was in Baltimore. Its a wedding present

but here are some shots i took earlier today

Oo-la-la! Those are spectacular!

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
future Newly Weds

Mazal Tov!

But why are the future newly-weds not having their photo taken on the backdrop of your pond? Seems like the perfect spot! In fact, that would be a great sideline: charge folks to do their wedding shots at your pond!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
They are not underwater those fish were coming up out of the water after a bit of food that is in the clump of moss, you can see it in the photo . They are climbing up on the floating log In the main pond
Ah! I see that now! One of our koi used to practically crawl out of the pond to get food - it was amazing how far she would push the envelope!

Great shot!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well that particular fish not 5 minutes before was fighting for food some how got turned around and only his head was in the water . Tail was kicking but they don't do so well pushing them selves in the air. Most of the body was blocked by the same log, but I do have a shot or had not sure if I kept it . I'll look.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mazal Tov!

But why are the future newly-weds not having their photo taken on the backdrop of your pond? Seems like the perfect spot! In fact, that would be a great sideline: charge folks to do their wedding shots at your pond!
We were recently talking about that. Problem with that is my town has a 12 foot 8 foot wide waterfall and the graduations and wedding generally go there.

The couple were not even posing . I prefer candids and that was one of them they had no idea I took their picture.
Unfortunately today photography is a dieing breed everyone has a cell phone and everyone's a photographer . However I think you'll agree the last half dozen shots I posted blow away my usual cell phone pictures. There's no comparison.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Nice to hear your explanations on your pond edging design. Learned lots.
And I loved all the closeups of the edging. Exactly what I would be looking at if I were there in person.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks @cas but it's @addy1 who deserves the thanks she asked me to make another sticky but this one on edging. I still have the stills and Wright up to do. The video was the easy part. It's just hard to listen to my gruff commentary.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Thanks @cas but it's @addy1 who deserves the thanks she asked me to make another sticky but this one on edging. I still have the stills and Wright up to do. The video was the easy part. It's just hard to listen to my gruff commentary.
Opps......now it is stuck!

Ask a Question