addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ohh that's pretty, so it's a floating plant?
Mine is anchored as the beginning plant in dirt and as it has grown the growth is floating with long roots on the water. No fish in the pond to nibble on them. This is my 3-4 year with the plants, they just now are growing almost like weeds! Just now I need to remove some, the deck pond is getting loaded. I am going to put some down in the big pond see how they do with the fish. Those I will anchor in litter then let them do what they do, grow. But in moving them it will probably take a few years to get going again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It's more of an anchored floater. The main plant is growing in the margins and the long stems reach out into the pond. One of my favorites!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It's more of an anchored floater. The main plant is growing in the margins and the long stems reach out into the pond. One of my favorites!
Good description, anchor and then let it float out. All of mine started anchored in a pot of dirt.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Try it you never know. I put plants where they shouldn't be, they usually do just fine.
The flowers are early spring, the plant grows all summer. So plant it for the leaves, it might just do fine.

Ask a Question