Good Foods for Great Health

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
No, but I know that the radiation was high here in some places in Alberta, like Lake Louise and near Red Deer and some part of Edmonton. Its not a good sign, also I heard that the seals polar bears in Alaska are also suffering from radiation sickness too. I going to get a big double dip ice cream from Swirls after the dog park and eat my worries away!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like they have everything under control but who can you really trust to tell the truth?

24 May 2012 Last updated at 07:03 ET

WHO : Post-Fukushima radiation levels in Japan 'low'

_60431220_011510803-1.jpg

The meltdown at Fukushima plant led to thousands being evacuated

Related Stories
Radiation levels in most of Japan are below cancer-causing levels a year after the Fukushima plant accident, a World Health Organization (WHO) report published on Wednesday says.
Two areas near the plant have relatively higher levels of radiation, but radiation levels in surrounding countries are close to normal.
The preliminary report is part of a wider ongoing health assessment by WHO.
Fukushima nuclear plant was badly damaged in the 2011 Japan earthquake.
Separately a UN scientific committee said several workers at the plant had been "irradiated after contamination of their skin".
"Six workers have died since the accident but none of the deaths were linked to irradiation," said a statement issued on interim findings by the United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Radiation (UNSCEAR).
Namie town and Itate village, near the plant in eastern Japan, are exposed to radiation levels of 10-50 millisieverts (mSv), while the rest of Fukushima has radiation levels of 1-10 mSv, the WHO report said.
Most of Japan has levels of 0.1-1 mSv, while neighboring countries have less than 0.01 mSv.
The report says that levels outside Japan are below those regarded by the international radiological protection community as "very small".
People are exposed on average to around 2 mSv of radiation a year from the natural environment, although there is considerable variation between individuals. The single-year limit for occupational exposure of workers is 50 mSv.
To avoid any underestimation of radiation levels, the report used conservative assumptions, and says some of the levels may have been overestimated.
The earthquake and tsunami in Japan in March 2011 triggered a nuclear meltdown at Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, causing radiation leaks and forcing the evacuation of thousands of people.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well thanks, now I can relax and forget about it, nothing I can do about it anyway, going to overdose on cod liver oil just because.... do you guys ever do the coconut oil? I scratched the icecream cause it was cold and got a "Timmy" coffee from "Tim Hortons" with a big spoon of coconut oil in it. :) :-O (-: :cool: ..... its therapeutic, you know, to doodle funny faces, ..... going for help now!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Did you know that there is no such thing as "bad" cholesterol? Did you know you'd be dead if you had no so called "bad" cholesterol? So called bad cholesterol stimulates the ammune system and helps prevent cancer, it feeds the brain. It rebuilts the mussle tissue, and people with low levels of cholesterol have higher rates of death! Read and follow Dr. Gifford Jones, he cites Harvard medical studies.

People who live to over one hundred have very high levels of so called "good and bad" cholesterol? We should NOT try to lower our cholesterol, we should try to raise the good levels by eating medium chain fatty acids found in coconut oil! Cholesterol is a "numbers game" and by raising your good cholesterol you won't have to worry about your so called "bad" cholesterol!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol colleen, I argue with my doc, and won about cholesterol. My good is in the 80 range, bad 104, which makes my total above the accepted number. I told him no way was I taking those meds. I did drop the over all by 80 points just by walking every day and eating almonds, hummis (chickpeas) all which I love.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I don't have to worry about my cholesterol cause I got lots, only would worry if I didn't have any ha ha ha. I got lots of good, the nurse her mouth dropped and gasped when she saw how much good cholesterol I have, never asked the numbers cause I was not worried. All I know for sure is the the nurse looked shocked when she saw my high good cholesterol number, that was five years ago, have not been back cause I don't get sick. My doctor is a natural pathic doctor, who would never put me on those dangerous drugs that should be off the market! I take no medication, cause all pharmaceutical drugs come with a cost, and I don't mean money, Dr. Gifford Jones says you "don't get nothing for free" and he was referring to the dangerous side affects of pharmaceutical drugs:)

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i think i may have mentioed chia seeds here before but heres a little info on them...theres some good videos on them on youtube as well....VERY HEALTHY ..BIG NUTRITIONAL VALUES..... the chia pet ones are lower quality.

Attachments

• 401887_443531899004095_1596876366_n.jpg
    401887_443531899004095_1596876366_n.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 187
Reaction score
The bible doesn't say "LET YOUR FOOD BE YOUR MEDICINE". That was something Hippocrates said.

That being said I've been on a real organic kick all year trying to lose some extra weight. I did this two years ago and as soon as I got down to my goal weight I thought I could trust myself to maintain it. I was way wrong, took 2 years but eventually ended up at the same point. This year I started out calorie counting which helped get me started. Eventually I started eating these mini meals all throughout the day and didn't even need to eat lunch and dinner.

After the mini meals I ended up eating 100 calorie snacks about every hour. I'd have a piece of low fat string cheese and a V8, or a cup of nuts, or a cracker with cheese in it, and after doing this for only a few weeks I got to the point where 100 calories every hour was way too much food. I was skipping lots of my snacks, and now after a full six months I'm almost vegetarian, I love meat, but it's so high in calories I can't fit it into too many meals.

I've been eating tons of fresh tomatoes and avacados, most meals I just put those and some onions into a low carb tortilla and have a veggie taco.

I lost my 36th pound this morning, I probably haven't been this thin since I was in the army I think I definitely shrunk my stomach back down to a reasonable size, I really cannot eat anywhere near the way I did last year. Go to Taco Bell and eat 6 soft tacos, geez. Last time I was there I ordered 2 fresco style soft tacos, and first off they were disgusting, but I couldn't finish the second one. It was too much food.

Oh and pop, haven't had a pop since Christmas.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol good for you buckry.

My parents did not allow us to have sodas, chips, junk, to big of a family they could not afford it. So i have never been hooked on them. Love veggies, nuts, cheese SALSA lol Have always been a nibbler, eat all day.

Maybe a soda a year, maybe a small bag of chips a year.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Some things I can't eat cuz they have high calcium oxalate in them. Causes me to get kidney stones.........they say. So can't eat nuts which I love and lived on when low carbing. Chocolate is out too and I love it! Used to make stuff w/ chocolate and use Splenda and turned out yummy but alas no more or very rarely. Just got back from doc's today and says there is a 7mm stone on the way. Darn why did this just start happening to little ole me just over 2 yrs ago and I went my whole life w/o them? Was I bad in my last life..............just kidding lol, don't believe in last lives, but do believe in a future one after this one.........w/o kidney stones! Ok back to drinking tons of water!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Got some real high quality t-bone steaks today, going to BBQ them up tomorrow for me and the hubby and puppies. Can't wait, boy are they going to be juicy!! They are 100 percent Black Angus, and the fat is marbled just right! Yumm... saturated fat... yum!!! (Why lie, hey it tastes good!) I like to "stay at the top of the food chain" and love steaks! My sisters became "vegan" and talk about how healthy they are, but they sure look sick to me, and they don't get out and work hard anymore or garden cause "their not into that anymore" then they talk about how there are always cold, and when they get sick, (like always now) they claim "were not sick, were just having a healing crisis". Their teeth look like crap now, they drink too much juice which rots the teeth fast! They don't even do honey cause its mean to the bees! Won't fall for the vegan thing in this life time!! I do eat the Chia seeds, their good too. :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Should clarify that my sisters became RAW vegans, they only eat raw fruits and veggies, no eggs butter, cheese, cream, no nothing but raw fruits and veggies, the one sister is very sick now, sees a doctor all the time and has no energy, no wonder, no civilization in recorded history has every survived on raw fruits and veggies only, but there is lots of civiliations that survived and quite well, on a
diet of 95 % saturated fat!!! Did you know that!!! In the far north eskimos lived on a diet of 95 percent saturated fat, they gave the meat to the sled dogs! People who eat a low saturated fat diet are vitamin deficient, most vitamins such as As, K,s Bs, D,s and E,s are saturated fat soluable, which means you need saturated fat to break these vitamins down. People who lose there gallbladder become vitamin deficient because without a gallbladder they cannot digest fat, and the fat comes out in there stools, which float, because they cannot break down lots of food properly without saturated fat. You would think that they would be skinny, cause they can't break down fat, but thats not usually the case. Every cell in our body is over 50% saturated fat, our brain is mostly saturated fat, every organ in our body requires saturated fat, not polyunsaturated fats, which are very bad by the way, contrary to popular belief! We have been eating saturated fat since the time of the bible and the experts would have you believe that it is bad! This is so not true, just goggle "the big fat lies" and read all about it. If your still not convinced, just ask yourself one question, if saturated fat is so bad, why do we produce it and feed it to our babies??? That's right! Mothers milk is a pure saturated fat!! What's good for the goose is good for the gander!

Ask a Question