Good Foods for Great Health

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
just got back now...did about another mile...took a different route....some of our local subdivisions are having their annual garage sales...lots i could have stopped at...but i resisted and kept walking....

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat koiguy, our subdivision is 5 cul de sacs, one main road connecting them, one entrance/exit. To get to any others I would need to drive, if I have to drive I won't get it done. Need to be able to just put on shoes and walk out the door.

So walk our little subdivison.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Koiguy now you need to walk back to all the sales and get some good deals and a little extra walking in,lol!

I have several different routes I can go, some w/ some hills but nothing like yours addy. It gives me some variety and I get to see what's going on in the whole area around me on different days. I try not to stop but sometimes you can't just ignore somebody you know and I think I do a lot of walking to make up for the stops now and then. I also have to carry some rocks home now and then and that really adds to the workout as I tend to over do it at times. Once I carried an upright vacuum all the way home for about 3 miles as somebody was giving it away.............that was a killer and I got looks but I always get looks cuz ya never know what ya will find,lol! One old guy I see once in awhile always asks "so what did ya find today" and he laughs!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
ok... did 3 miles today ...got up had a kale, spinach, and acia berry 'green' smoothy and walked...waited til i got home for an egg and slice of toasted 7 sprouted grain cinnomon raisin bread... a few more days at 3 miles and i'll try 4....my feet are sore today. doesnt hurt while i'm walking...waits till i'm done!!....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good going koiguy! Well better to have them sore when you get home then while you are out there walking. Your feet will get used to it after awhile and pamper them w/ a nice soak or rub some good stuff on them. My feet never hurt but my back does. Have to take some Ibuprophen before I go or I will really be stiff when I get home. Maybe this eating better style will help me get done w/ that. Have not eaten any sweets or junk food now since I started this and lost 2 lbs so far. I know you should not weigh yourself everyday but I can't help it. Koiguy do you just make up those smoothies however you like them or do you have some kind of recipes that you found?

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i have a smoothy blender...i dont measure anything..just by eye. or more like.. as much as i can pack into the blender. when i make my breakfast smoothy i use the smoothy blender. its like 28oz or so..i go like 1/2 kale and 1/2 spinach. and some fruit juice as a liquid starter, usually acaia berry and orange juices..some added nutrition and they make it taste better as well.(actually quite good) not that it matters much. i guzzle the smoothy down. its more filling that way! fruit smoothies i need to use the big blender, pack it full of fruits and a nice glob of vanilla yogurt. these smoothies, the others drink too....delicious!
i use fresh cantalope..black, blue and strawberrires, kiwi,banana, pineapple, mango (sometimes) pears apples. and any other fruit we may have handy ..and fruit juice. and we buy the bagged frozen mixed fruit..because i use that instead of ice cubes.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks koiguy so it's pretty much whatever and how much you choose to throw in. That sounds good to me!
Hey if your sick you should prolly not be walking at all out in the rain! But good for you for sticking to the program. I went yesterday but only got my steps up to 11,740 as I found a big rock on the way home and took a short cut,lol..............that thing was heavy plus I found a neat plastic bowl and a bunji cord that looked brand new!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol jw! you and your carry homes, the only thing I have found was a neat hatchet, now part or our tool family.

4.9 miles today, over slept didn't get out until after 7 but it was a nice 34 degrees walked without a jacket, just long sleeve shirt.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
the other day i did see a neighbor down the street has a large epdm liner in their driveway and what i thought was smaller peices folded up..asked if they were tossing it. due to the fact it was dirty looking, and just sloppily piled and some draped over a stack of firewood...turns out its new, and he is going to be digging a new pond.... it was a fairly large liner ...more than 20 x 20 for sure. to bad, i would have redone my pond before the fish go back out!....that would have been a NICE carry home!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
how true it is....

Attachments

• 557570_10150806000809286_616894285_9252730_278573593_n.jpg
    557570_10150806000809286_616894285_9252730_278573593_n.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 269

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
skipped my walk this morming...cut the grass, thats an hour of walking....hehehe.. anyways went out at 8:00 this morning and suprised my 19 year old daughter with a box & a couple 12" subwoofers i bought and an amp i had already. installed that, and mowed the front yard before breakfast..my usual green smoothy, 1 egg, and a slice of sprouted grain toast. she was quite a happy camper today.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
didn't walk either, shoveled mulch, dug in plants, out in the yard for over 7 hours, guess that counts.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I rode my bike to the tree farm and packed the side bags w/ rocks and it was so heavy I had to push it home................did that 2 times so I got some exercise in today. Deposited the rocks around the edge of my duckweed pond and planted some Calla Lilies out of a big pot and into the ground. All done in the sun...........happy I am :LOL:

Ask a Question