JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
j.w said:
Trying to be good here also and cut back but now friendly neighbor wants to go to lunch today. I will try to behave but we are going to a Mexican restaurant w/ very good food. Looks like I will be on broth and juice after this again :bye2:
I know. Going out to eat absolutely kills the diet.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
59915_412264398877152_163390138_n.jpg

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
Being serious here for a moment. Fukushima and Mosanto are two different issues/problems. It might be "fun" to make a meme about Mosanto, but one is an accident whereas the other is a corporation trying to control our food supply.
koiguy1969 said:

JohnHuff

I know nothing.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
Kyrgyzstan
callingcolleen1 said:
If you want to lose weight, and I am always trying to keep weight off and it is a non stop struggle these days, so I am trying a new concept, not dieting, just changing the size of my plate to a small size plate. We shall see how that goes..... :)
You mean like this?
stuff-i-eat-pie-570x401.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Ya! He he he, that plate of whatever looks good to me!! Ha ha ha

But seriously, I am really going to try to eat off a much smaller plate, even if it is piled high, cause they say you will think you have eatten lots, but really you will have really only eatten half as much as normal! I have been trying this trick for a while, and I think now my stomach has shrunk cause I get full faster now. Really in the old days a small plate was a big plate back then, and the kitchen cupboards in some old houses don't even fit today's big plates proper.

As we age, we naturally should eat less as we are burning much less food fuel. Plus if you eat a big plate of food it raises your blood pressure and that is why some people die of a coronary heart attack at the restaurant!

Smaller meals won't make you so tired either, and if the food is making you sleepy after you eat, then you ate too many carbs most likely and are falling into a Carb-a-coma! :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I have also heard that eating your biggest meal in the morning and then less at lunchtime and even less at dinner is the way to go. This way you don't go to bed w/ a full stomach. Your metabolism slows way down when sleeping so you don't burn it off and it just goes to fat. All throughout the day you should be busy burning off your early meals. I don't do this but I should and I would try but don't think hubby will be on board w/ that. Right now just eating broth and watered down juice as stupid Diverticulitis is acting up again. Treatment is to only drink fluids for several days, then start eating soft foods like eggs, yogurt, peanut butter (can't eat peanut butter tho as it has lots of oxalates and might give me kidney stones) etc. Then wait for about a month to add fiber slowly and then eat lots of fiber forever unless I get another attack, then have to start all over. Stay away from lots of red meat (which I love) and eat fish and fruit, and veggies(beans are great for adding fiber...................ok this is boring but I may give it a try for my health's sake. I don't think I will be able to give up the meat tho........................I am a carnivore from birth. Maybe if I just chew it up really good :biggrinangelA:

Ask a Question