Good Foods for Great Health

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
a little info...
535874_10150673849458321_346272093320_9387891_540955244_n.jpg

organic grown produce can deliver 15 times, more micronutrients over conventional farming...and pharming (GMOs) may do more harm than good...

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good stuff to know. But about banana's..............aren't they full of sugar and will make you gain weight?
Love to use smooshed Cauliflower instead of mashed tators!

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
they should be kept to a minimum if you have sugar issues...but 1 before your 6 mile walk would keep your energy up...go 10 miles...lol

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks a lot koiguy.......................6 miles will do nicely! I might try them and see how it goes right before my walk. Maybe should wait awhile tho and give the new good way of eating a chance to help me cuz the sugar in the banana might set me off craving again. Do you walk koiguy and I don't mean to the fridge or your car,lol? I bet you must do some kind of good exercise.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
oh on the walking note...yesterday and today i walked about 2 miles..gonna continue. but i walk alone and get board so thats about all i can handle. wish i had someone to walk with... and i was lifting weights but i gotta do that alone too...i'm easily bored...lol

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
jw and I walk together virtually.............I manage 4-5 miles, but mine are all hills, lots of hills. Sometimes a neighbor lady walks with me, I pick her up at my turn around point. There is always something to look at, saw 5 deer, maybe 25 feet from me, we just stared at each other. The trees changes, the flowers that are open change, the hawks scream, see the heron off and on, the canadian geese fly over head. I love the walk. Usually leave the house at 6am, I leave earlier as it gets lighter earlier.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I walk alone also unless my DH gets a motivated day once in awhile and goes w/me. I find that if I go when a good talk radio station has a decent show on I do alright not getting too bored wearing my radio head phones. Or since I like to garden I download podcasts and listen to them. I meet people on the way and have to stop and chat now and then but like to keep a steady walk for the most part. Guess you could go to a gym and be surrounded by people or join a walking exercise club. I think they have them in a lot of towns. I found these in Michagan: http://www.ava.org/gen3/data/clubsbystate.asp?EVState=MI
I looked for one in my area but couldn't find one. Bike riding is another good exercise and even my DH will do that one w/ me.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep addy and I walk together and log in our steps to each other. I walked 12,144 today addy and a great big Eagle swooped over my head. He was beautiful! And I didn't even get wet today! Addy says I should not walk at night but if it rained all day and stops at night I sneak out sometimes and stick close to the lit up houses...........stay away from the woods w/ bear, cougar etc.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep addy and I walk together and log in our steps to each other. I walked 12,144 today addy and a great big Eagle swooped over my head. He was beautiful! And I didn't even get wet today! Addy says I should not walk at night but if it rained all day and stops at night I sneak out sometimes and stick close to the lit up houses...........stay away from the woods w/ bear, cougar etc.

We have no street lights, darker than poop here at night, no way will I walk at night. It is not the critters, it is the people.

Neat about the eagle jw! I saw one fly over our house, have not seen one since. Used to see them a lot in colorado

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sometimes I bring my camera but forget it most of the time. Will try to remember and post what I find interesting. Hard to take pix in the dark tho,lol! Gets kinda spooky out there sometimes when a little crunch in the bushes happens or you here somebody yelling aways off in the background or singing loudly off key! Lots of frog and coyote singing out there. Feels like I own the world cuz nobody else out there........................I know addy dark time is for sleeping,lol!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I run into the same little herd of deer, they just bound off by about 50 feet then stand and watch me walk by. Out at 6a but burrrrrrrrr 32 degrees lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
i did my 2 miles at about 7 am...40 minutes ...even pace no stops or socializing...

great! Takes me just under an hour to do the 4 miles. Met up with her this am, we walk fast, the hills still make us talk less lol

Ask a Question