Good Foods for Great Health

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i wouldnt have a green smoothy or a salad without spinach and kale. they are about the most nutrient rich greens you can ever hope to consume...lettuce has very little nutritional value. i consider it a filler. you like seeds on your salads try hemp seeds. nutty flavored and extremely healthy. chia seeds are good too.but not as good a hemp seeds. onions and mushrooms have the highest concentrations of cancer fighters.
heres a writeup on hemp seeds... http://www.ratical.org/renewables/hempseed1.html
if you google them you'll find alot of articles and even their uses in home medicine.

Reaction score
I will NOT get corn there for sure! So glad I can grow my own from non GMO / heriloom seeds. Unreal! All for a dollar I am sure, I guess our health means nothing to them.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
So koiguy where do you get hemp seeds? And wondering if they will grow? To Uncle Sam and Google,......................I'm not wanting to become a pot smoker, just wondering.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Drank my green tea w/ some peppermint tea added this morning and felt soooooooooooooooooo good that I had to go see if the mint stuff had caffeine in it,lol! It did not so appears I am on the mend from this darn ole cold!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
How do we know what foods in the grocery stores have been altered by this Genetically modified food thing? Do they put it on the ingreds or on the label of the veggies? They should! I do not want to become one w/ a buffalo or a chicken etc or have insecticide in my body producing pesticides! I want to stay a human! And don't want to get cancer! And even the seeds that you buy for your own gardens can have the modified yuck in them. Our world is in big doo doo :sad:

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
you can order hemp seeds on line..buy certified organic....they have no THC in them theyre perfectly legal and available at health food stores. i believe walmarts even carries them online.i dont know if i'd trust them tho. your can also buy hemp seed oil. i use NUTIVA brand its cold pressed,& certified organic.
HERES A CUT AND PASTE...
For health and wellness, Hemp Seed Oil is one of the most nutritious oils you can find. It is pressed from the seeds of the Hemp plant. Containing a wide range of vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and amino acids, Hemp Seed Oil should be used as a daily nutritional supplement.
Hemp Seed Oil is a complete protein, containing the minerals calcium, magnesium, sulfur, potassium, iron, zinc, and phosphorus. It provides all of the amino acids and all nine essential amino acids. It also provides vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C, D, and E, as well as chlorophyll, carotene, phytosterols and phospholipids.
Used cold, Hemp Seed Oil can be added to smoothies, salad dressings, pesto or other sauces or dips, or drizzle over pasta, soup, vegetables, etc. Hemp Seed Oil can withstand some heat but it should be heated at a low heat for a short amount of time. Keep Hemp Seed Oil refrigerated and use within 8-12 weeks of opening.
As a skin care product Hemp Seed Oil is not greasy and quickly absorbs into the skin. It is a superb moisturizer with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties to heal dry skin and bring forth your natural radiance. Hemp Seed Oil may be added to any body or facial care product, including facial and body cream or lotion, massage oil, shampoo, conditioner, shaving products, lip balm, soap, etc.
At Nutiva we press and bottle our Hemp Seed Oil in small batches. The bottles are nitrogen flushed and we add an induction foil seal covering the bottle opening, which prevents oxygen from seeping into the oil. Note that other hemp firms cut corners and skip the induction seal. Our customers regularly tell us that Nutiva's hemp oil tastes fresher and lighter than other brands. Please try some and compare for yourself.
Nutiva's Hemp Seed Oil is the freshest on the market.
Ingredients: 100% raw organic hemp oil.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Ok but for the Rick kind you gotta have the THC in it right to cure things? Guess one would need seeds w/ THC in them for that. And has to be the Indica wide leaved kind or whatever they are called.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
i'd bet if you asked around a bit you know someone who could help you out! isnt medical use legal there? theres alot more people around with this info than you think...

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
Back to GMOs for a second...Do you think it should be law that all MONSANTO, DUPONT, and any other GMO, and poison peddeling companies, their executives, scientists, bio chemists,engineers,and all employees and share holders too, should be mandated to use, eat, or other wise "consume" their products for 1 year (everyday) before their products are brought to the store shelves? I DO!!! Lets see if their claims of healthy and safe are what they believe or are they intentionally blowing smoke up the ass of the general public..... something tells me that some if not a great number of these products would never make it to market.

Ask a Question