Got a couple new fish

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
I was at my local pet store getting some dog food and wandered over into the fish section, I know better to stay away but couldn't resist. I picked up these two guys for $3 each. Quarantined them for a couple weeks and put them in the pond. The yellow and black is like some orange and black ones I have, it really stands out in a sea of orange. the other is orange with a bluish spot and dark bars on the back.
Could I get some help IDing these guys with thier correct names. I have done reaserch but it gets confusing. I think its time I learn what I have. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• P6250004 (Custom).JPG
    P6250004 (Custom).JPG
    30 KB · Views: 291
  • P6250006 (Custom).JPG
    P6250006 (Custom).JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 302

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
The yellow one is a Ki Matsuba, Very nice one! The other is a Shusui ?? That one is going to do a LOT of changing in the next couple of years. May turn out to be a super nice fish?? Koi purest would consider it a mutt koi, But you really don't know what it will do until it gets 12"+ It will look totally different by that time. Here are a couple of pics of higher quality ones that have matured to give you a idea what it may look similar to when grown.

Attachments

• hi_shusui_009.jpg
    hi_shusui_009.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 293
  • shusui_006.jpg
    shusui_006.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 274

koidaddy

karps house of koi
Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
Koidaddy...I'm gonna go ahead and tell him...Fishin'...he went ahead and flushed your filter and got those.....

Sssshhhhhhhhhhh koiguy'. It was supposed to be our secret. The two I got from my filter are looking real good.

Thanks for the ID fishin', I know time will tell.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
koiguy1969 said:
Koidaddy...I'm gonna go ahead and tell him...Fishin'...he went ahead and flushed your filter and got those.....
LOL, Might have! hehehehe:lol:

Ask a Question