sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
dislike stink bugs and lady bugs both black ones that smell like stink bugs and regular ones that land on you when you are sweating outside and bite you .Japenese beetles up there on my list also

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We get invasions of them in the spring .When I mow the grass they seem to always try to bite me and they leave welts .I had them getting in the house and in my car .

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I thought bees were stripped and wasps were black! I feel so ignorant!:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's very false. All sorts of bees, all sorts of wasps.

I hate:
Wasps
Yellow jackets
any bug that makes a "buzz"
etc
Most wasps aren't aggressive and are too busy living their lives. Same with bees, plus their stings are less painful and most don't live in colonies so they have no reason to defend anything.

Hornets and Yellow Jackets are considerably more aggressive. They can be very dangerous if they feel their colony is under attack.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Over the years, skunks have cleaned out at least thirty yellowjacket nests on our property. Love 'em!! I never spray the remains of a nest.....the little stinkers will come back the next night and finish what they started. Wouldn't want to poison them.
John

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
.the little stinkers will come back the next night and finish what they started. Wouldn't want to poison them.
I waited two weeks they did not come back, darn them. So I finally sprayed the nest.

IPA

Reaction score
63b Chesapeake-Pamlico Lowlands and Tidal Marshes
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I've been using a solution of dish soap and water to kill paper wasps. I have a spray bottle that shoots about 6 feet. It works really great. The soap breaks the electrostatic charge that repels water, or something like that, and they drown.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I leave paper wasps alone. If they are somewhere we don't need to interact. They eat beetles, grubs, garden pests, tend to be non aggressive if you don't bother their nest. I have more than once gotten close to a nest, they just fly out and if I move away they fly back to their nest.
There are two nests where I store my tractor, I pulled it out they totally ignored me.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I didn't know a human had that ability @addy1 ...........................you little stinker View attachment 103604:smuggrin:
lol wellllllllllll it was time to mow again, grass was tall, so I had to zap them. Kept hoping the skunks would come back. Now I want to dig up the nest and check it out, it is neat looking.

Ask a Question