Grow up tank

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Didn’t shock it, and we did run the water first. I’m worried it may have been something on the new pump, or that the water refilling the well may have something in it from some farmers field.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Could be ground run off since your well is shallow .My well is over 400 feet in the ground and when it rains really hard my filter has to come on more often as we have iron in our water and heavy rains can cause a little pink color to it .People here who have 200 feet deep wells can even drink the water with out lots of filtering .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’ll see where we can test the water. I’m sad we lost all the fish, I still have a big crop of snails doing just fine though. And plants. I’ll toss the snails in the pond come spring, and once I know the issue, I’ll change the water, and add fish from the next spawn. I think I’ll do more than just 12, so I can cull out any with issues as soon as I can see problems.

Ask a Question