hardy lilies for shipping

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I have also gotten lilies from Addy, and they are some of my favorites! LOVE the Georgia Peach, blooms profusely. Just got a Perry's Sunset last year, can't wait for it to grow and bloom soon. Have the deep pink Mayla, gorgeous flower. We will all want to see pics of your lilies, everyone, when they are up and growing! Addy has been and continues to be such a great provider to all of us. :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am doing mine in kitty litter again. I had some floating in the deep end, the litter did fall out and go everywhere, now have kitty litter covered bottom of the pond does not seem to be bothering anything.
The ones floating around, have huge tubers, minimal roots. The ones in litter have a lot more roots. I have never done just a rock and dropped in, I will take a few and tie them to a rock see how they do compared to the potted ones.

Perry's is a slower bloomer, but so pretty.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Looks like all of my lilies are growing, some more than others. The GA Peach has pads on the surface already. Others just leaves right at the pot, under 12-18" of water. Everything in its own time ...

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The georgia is sending buds up already, more buds then pads right now, all are getting fired up.

I have buckets of tubers to ship out, most likely next monday or tuesday, 6 more to groom.

Reaction score
The georgia is sending buds up already, more buds then pads right now, all are getting fired up.

I have buckets of tubers to ship out, most likely next monday or tuesday, 6 more to groom.
i am interested in some also :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Send me a pm if you want a tuber of each I have plenty, All I need is your real name and address. They will be all in a small box, 5-8 dollars to ship

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful lilies and great photos.
Thanks, I almost hate grooming them, but they get so darn big and too heavy to handle if you don't.

I always worry I will send off all of one of my colors, so as I groom i.e. tear apart the plant I replant right away.

I have a new one I bought last summer, tiny tuber for 10 bucks but a really beautiful one. no splitting of that one for at least another year.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have a bunch of white ones. They were cheaper. I have all of them in black oil pans, as I started getting colored ones, I put them in dish pans so I know not to give them away. When I thin out the fish in the spring, I'll give a white lily with the fish when people come.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I was thinking of the lilies,
For those that have never planted them, put the growing tip slightly above whatever you plant them in. I use kitty litter and a oil pan.
Or tie a rock around them and put in 18-24 inch water.

Some of the lilies will have very small growing tips, if you are not sure which end is growing put in some water and let them sit for awhile the leaves will come out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Got mine today !! Thank you so much Addy. Now I need to get them in the pond. Great packing, and the lilies look fabulous !!!!

Ask a Question