addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol for sure, you ready for the rain? 6-8 inches at home, 1-3 inches here in ocean city.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
I'm sure the plants will appreciate it, but we just planted a tree last week in our clay soil. YIKES, I hope the poor thing doesn't drown over the next 3 days =/

All this rain is my fault, actually. I wasn't paying attention to the weather forecast and topped off my pond yesterday. D'oh!!!!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol mine was low and I left it low , it is full now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Archimedes, your depth is definitely not too deep. I have a lily pot that got shoved off the tub I had it on as a movable "shelf", and it's now in 4' of water. The pads just reached the surface yesterday! They will grow however far they need to reach the surface. Some lilies are smaller varieties, and it will be hard for them to make it, but most are well able to go up to 4'. Your depth is perfect for them. :)

ashirley

Annie in SC
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7b
Would love to have some! Any idea what shipping is to SC? Sorry :( I didn't see the earlier post about shipping costs until now. How do I PM you my address?

Last edited:

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have maybe 3 tubers of unknown color left, sitting in a bucket of water. I shipped out over 100 tubers. Watch for others to post that they are grooming their lilies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
I have not touched my lilies from last year as I have not wanted to get into my cold water. But need to get them up and fertilized. They are starting to put out leaves but nothing much headed to the surface yet. All are 2 to 3' down. Our temps were only mid to upper 40s all last week. So water is cold again.
Addy I did pot up several of the tubers you sent and have a couple just stuck into the pond, shallow, till I get some more pea gravel to put on the top after I pot them. Got them all mixed up so have no idea what colors are in what pot lol. Will have to wait for blooms to see.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got them all mixed up so have no idea what colors are in what pot lol. Will have to wait for blooms to see.

Part of the fun! waiting for the flower to open.............

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have maybe 3 tubers of unknown color left, sitting in a bucket of water. I shipped out over 100 tubers. Watch for others to post that they are grooming their lilies.
addy you still have any?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
addy1, if they are not all spoken for I would LOVE to have one! If you have one left please let me know ASAP and I will send you the shipping cost. Thank you.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I pruned mine real heavy, shipped out over a hundred tubers, right now have no extras to get rid of ..............so sorry

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
If those of you who would like lily tubers don't care what color they are, I plan to repot mine this weekend, and would be happy to ship some out. Want to put a few in my farm pond, but I know I will have far more than I want to mess with out there. Some have bloomed, so I know what color they are, and will try to label them. PM me if you're interested. Some I got from Menards, and others I got from Addy over the last few years! I like returning the favor, too. :)

Ask a Question