hardy lilies for shipping

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Mine arrived today. Thank you so much I am sure that was a lot of work. I wasn't expecting such monsters. Sometimes the dollar store by my house has baskets with about 1/2 inch holes that I planted some of mine in before. Its just a plastic storage basket.

Reaction score
I would really like a few of these for my two ponds, I had water lettuce growing last year, but none seemed to have survived the freeze of winter. How would I go about arranging payment/shipping? (first time forum purchaser)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ok you two are the last................no more tubers.............all gone

Send me your real name and address via conversation, i.e private message. I will try to get them out of here tomorrow.

I just dumped out my bucket of tubers and found a few more, all have leaves on them some are small, no clue on the color. I had them in a dump out and get rid of bucket, since I was done shipping I thought.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I know.........out of tape, out of boxes, and I saved a lot of small ones , and took from our neighbor. ................ hundreds in postage, luckily all are honest upright ponders and paying the postage.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Addy, just curious, as you seem to always be just ahead of me as far as climate. Are your lilies all growing really well, or are some hanging back, below the surface? I have a few (Georgia Peach is one) that are on the surface, several pads, but most of mine are maybe 6-10" and not really growing. I have algae on the ponds and on the shelves, so not sure if that is inhibiting them, or if the cooler/warmer weather bouncing is causing them to be more patient with emerging fully.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine in the small preforms have leaves on the surface, warm slow flow water. The ones in the big pond, two have leaves on the surface, two in the stock tank leaves on the surface. Around 4 have buds showing. They are behind this year, but doing fine.

It has been a colder spring than "normal"

The toads had kids, the frogs are holding back, the fish are chasing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
OK, good. I know last year there was algae on the pots, too, but they just pushed right past that. The leaves are there, just not growing yet. I just have to be patient it appears. :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They just started showing faster growth, all plants have leaves on you can see now, a lot still way under water. Probably didn't help that I ripped them apart, but they were way too large.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Yep, that's how mine have been for about a month or so, leaves, just not growing yet. Water temp was pretty warm, but now we are heading back down to lows in the 40's mid-week. Got 2.5" of rain in last 24 hours, so ponds are full and overflowing, good water change for sure!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are predicted to get 6-8 inches of rain from today until thursday. huge water change. And cold and and and but do have around 6 lilies that are breaking the surface of the water. Way behind compared to last year, had blooms already last year.

Ask a Question