Having a bad day.

Reaction score
I am taking him to another vet today at 2..I dropped off all my paper work yesterday and asked her to look them over to see if she could help me out and just called to check,she said she does think there are other avenues, I have been praying so hard for this little guy and his sweet spirit just keeps me going. His body is in so much pain now,whining again every time I pick him up but I don't want to keep him dosed with pain medicine because I know it is not good for his liver/kidneys but I will ask the vet what she thinks about keeping him off. Thank you all for listening,will try to post later tonight. Have a blessed day. Amber

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good luck amber, I sure hope that they find a cure for the lil guy.

Reaction score
Hello everyone,the new vet really wasn't much more help than the first so I came home and did some research,the new vet wanted to put him on the Doxy but only wanted to do 50mg twice a day and I found a site called Tick-L that highly suggest 100mg 2x a day and these people know what they are taking about as they have dealt with many of the Tick Borne Diseases so I am going to be trying that and see how Reese responds. Doing your own research may save your dogs life. Thank you for the continued prayers,will let you know how the Doxy goes.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Gosh Amber I just read all this about Reese and am so sad you are still going through all this for such a long time now. I'm still in Hawaii but thought I'd check in and see how things were going. Sure hope this new drug you are giving helps kick that old virus right outta him soon. Praying the little guy gets well soon!

Reaction score
I am popping in with some good news for today, Reese can walk if I stand him up on all fours :) He can not get up on his back legs on his own but we are making/seeing progress. He can not stand up and pee instead of just laying there he he..poor pup. Thank you all for checking in on him he would gladly kiss all of you if he could :) Have a wonderful night and I will be back with more updates.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Good to hear Amber, He's definetly got the will to live, We're pulling and praying for him. Got a feeling you are going to end up with one very spoiled rotten puppy, but worth it!!!!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That is great news Amber, and that is one lucky pup that he ended up with you as his mom.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The muscles in his legs may be weak also from lack of use so you may be better keeping the towel around his mid section to keep his balance as you would not want him to sprain or break a leg .Especially on any steps .It took my poor Hunter almost 4 monthes to get all the strength back in his legs and I had to watch him close because he kept trying to run and his balance was not good .I had to give him dog vitamins and glucosium to help with his joints .

Reaction score
Hello again,he is now able to get up on his own :claphands: once again. I received an email from a group that gives financial aide to rescues/individuals who have border collies, I filed awhile back to see if they would help me pay for the hydro-therapy when he was actually getting better the first time and never heard back until today. They have to take a poll and then she will let me know if I am approved,praying they approve me so I can take him for 12 sessions as I think that will help his back legs become stronger. I am getting very attached but our son has allergies and we were told do not add anymore dogs lol..we have a boxer and french bulldog but we shall see,will be up to the husband. Thank you all once again for your continued prayers,will be back soon. Amber

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Oh that's some good news for sure and hope you get approved to get some funds to help Reese get some therapy. Will be neat to see a picture of him getting better! If you can't keep him I hope he finds a wonderful caring home w/ someone who cares as much as you do!

Ask a Question