Hello everyone

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
you can safely put out hardy water lily's and hardy plants but wait on the tropical floaters like water lettuce.

My water lily had new pads that were almost touching the surface of the water until winter came back and that pond froze and now has ice again.... :mad:

That plant will be ok but those new water lily pads might have froze and plant may have to grow new ones again...
I am still waiting on my dwarf perrybaby to ship. I don't think spring is ever going to get here.
I am not really worried about the duck weed. I got it from a friend for free as a treat for the fish. Food is something my tubby little finned fiends don't lack.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I am still waiting on my dwarf perrybaby to ship. I don't think spring is ever going to get here.
I am not really worried about the duck weed. I got it from a friend for free as a treat for the fish. Food is something my tubby little finned fiends don't lack.
If it helps, everybody down in the dumps about this long cold winter. Snowed more and currenly -8 Celsius right now...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8A
Country
United States
If it helps, everybody down in the dumps about this long cold winter. Snowed more and currenly -8 Celsius right now...
Ouch!, that's cold. We had a couple of warm days here. It was just enough that my plants started to bud out. Now it is cold again and everything is on hold. Except for my climatis that has been growing about an inch a day.
The water temp is about 40-45 degrees. So the fish are sluggish, and I feed them a little once a day. I swear they look at me accusingly as if to say why don't you turn the heat up for us?

Ask a Question