Here we go -- FINALLY! A pond for wildlife...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well yea done beat your self up pretty good . you made a statement that you had read all 50 pages of my extremely long blog ... well you blew that away... And there's not even a fish in the water yet

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I went out and bought my rocks today! The stone place found a guy with a small bobcat forklift to do delivery. He is going to come check out the driveway soon so we can arrange delivery. Soon, I will be back in business!!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
We have delivery scheduled for tomorrow - although it is supposed to rain a lot. The delivery guy seemed unconcerned, so I am hopeful he will come on schedule. I work on Thursday but hopefully I can play with rocks again on Friday, if it all works out!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
We have delivery scheduled for tomorrow - although it is supposed to rain a lot. The delivery guy seemed unconcerned, so I am hopeful he will come on schedule. I work on Thursday but hopefully I can play with rocks again on Friday, if it all works out!!!
Rain is "free washing" of the gravel. Your pond "do" is going very well, over the blips and around the slight potholes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
The work can continue on Friday! This doesn't look like a thousand dollars, but it was. Pallet of fieldstone, bag of egg rock, bag of pea gravel, plus delivery charge.
I've also attached a shot of the pond plants I divided. There are quite a few! I did an experiment with a big "branch" of lotus that jumped out of the main pot. I know they are very finicky about having anything cut (due to the hollow stems getting water in them.) But we will see how it all goes. My front yard pond is getting so much more shade than it used to, I know these plants will be happy for more sun!
I am super excited to get to work again. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Attachments

• backyard.jpg
    backyard.jpg
    342.1 KB · Views: 29
  • backyardjpeg.jpg
    backyardjpeg.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 30
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I have water in the pond now! Lots of edge work and planting to do, inside and out. But it is exciting to have the water in there to stay!

Attachments

• pond1.jpg
    pond1.jpg
    240.1 KB · Views: 33
  • pond2.jpg
    pond2.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 33
  • pond3.jpg
    pond3.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 33
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Congrats!!!! We all know how long you have been wanting and Planing this out. Soon the only thing you'll have left to do is sit and relax and do a little weeding g here and there

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I love new gravel when you can see the bottom so clearly...My gravel is now coated with algae and it makes for a very dark backdrop but the fish love it:) ...Great job you and hubby are doing bagsmom..it will be such a joy to sit back and admire your masterpiece...and then move a rock...and then move a plant...and then move a rock....on and on and on...but that's what makes it such a great hobby!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Another exciting thing that worked out: I let the hose continue running till it overflowed. As planned (hoped) - it flowed over and out the back end, toward the woods. We thought that would happen. Hoped that would happen. But I was sort of holding my breath till it actually did.
It is now 7:00 am Saturday morning. I hope to be outside by 8, since today is supposed to be a scorcher. We might work on the electrical this weekend but hubby is doing a big window restoration project. For sure, I will be working on prettying up the edges and planting!
It's going to be super cool to turn on the pump. I am hesitant to do it, though, since I know they are made to run continuously. I don't know if a bunch of off and on will be good for it. It will be neat to get it running and adjust the flow between the bog, the circulation jet, and the "breather pipe" at the top of the bog. Hopefully there will be enough oomph to have all three working together.

Ask a Question