Hi - old garden - new pond adventure

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear that, what error did you get?
Hi Becky - sorry for not getting back to you. Has a hectic couple of days. Just tried uploading the images again and got the message:

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

IMG_20181112_105446.jpg

This time, just before the error message flashed on, I got an upload progress bar showing 18%

Maybe this is a firewall issue?

Thanks

Steve K

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Becky - sorry for not getting back to you. Has a hectic couple of days. Just tried uploading the images again and got the message:

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.

IMG_20181112_105446.jpg

This time, just before the error message flashed on, I got an upload progress bar showing 18%

Maybe this is a firewall issue?

Thanks

Steve K

That's odd... if the file size is just 400KB there shouldn't be an issue uploading it. Could you try with a different image - for example, you could right click on the forum logo and save that, then try uploading it to a post here. It's only a small file, so there shouldn't be any problems (in theory!).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Let me add a suggestion @stevekind - you said you are "uploading" the image - are you using the "Upload a File" button? It's way simpler to just drag and drop the photo right into the box where you type your reply - it should pop up under the box with the option to choose the full-size image or a thumbnail.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Let me add a suggestion @stevekind - you said you are "uploading" the image - are you using the "Upload a File" button? It's way simpler to just drag and drop the photo right into the box where you type your reply - it should pop up under the box with the option to choose the full-size image or a thumbnail.
Thanks Lisak - I already tried both ways. Same problem

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's odd... if the file size is just 400KB there shouldn't be an issue uploading it. Could you try with a different image - for example, you could right click on the forum logo and save that, then try uploading it to a post here. It's only a small file, so there shouldn't be any problems (in theory!).

Just tried - downioaded successfully, same problem when I tried to upload the file from my PC :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Will try using drag and drop route also

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Just tried - downioaded successfully, same problem when I tried to upload the file from my PC :(

Sorry to hear that! Which browser are you using, and have you tried using a different browser? Are you using an antivirus that could be slowing down your PC?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear that! Which browser are you using, and have you tried using a different browser? Are you using an antivirus that could be slowing down your PC?
Using Chrome. No problems with other forums. Just using win10 built in security.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I have exactly the same problem with my Android phone - can download the logo image, but can't upload anything. So it's not anything to do with my browser or security on the devices at least - it's more like your site not liking my uploads. Surely can't be my router firewall - because that is to stop bad stuff coming in, not my stuff going out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
EuzPeVMye7cXU-Sl1O-wIZSjUFdcLM1Zjg3whvy32aQfTcJxrxKskB7i1TzTCWDZyT9GZXRRTSUQkK7CyHEDy0SqQds2r4UKxl2okWyBtvDyeymYEJUfVsX068rTMmo5g23dpdad8aYtXg9wK0Wf8RAQASHuQ_Juw2Jsylhj3dxuW5f6YeZoujSc-7kKF8bMeME6BaRa9h3EWDXTzkRZ-w7em7grj3cft5WITFdWqMCOiE_h-Kq3GdJXJSnA7GXadE_d5ZkXM8pyo_okAXiXT-Oyl2CDbV6dKebmk6PfMvMR6Fb74U4kpDLRUY7KDT0AJBPdbyrV77nrXB_c2kr_p1HrJZmll5D771aUNJBZJZFXGTqIM0ioICAr1a8V7qHHuxx2iu-2qxD-JBxmE0tHAYxwDHKVdhqKVMOH7ekLvSrUMJCld_i6IYOrhtChMv_gDaScZMsKCePe-831Joe67RPf7dBwWQnHTY53udjE76oU1cZmAwOZn3zzfJ1s9sTHTMPYQ65e6p_aehtthZ9yjuMnGJpu0X2M5il1o52y7Bq_2cAJnHoPquRyGzqsBYba-vErB4xazIU4fmrM3spWABGQxJPBO91wDsHdWDW6U6IgkEH_IB5yqHLFtUSJD4EKNvAzQgEAME1YRDxxH9OKavGolw=w1251-h938-no

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Becky - as you see , I have cracked it - or at least found a work-around. Instead of uploading the file, I clicked on the image icon in the top of the message space. This asks for a URL for the image - which fortunately I could get by visiting my Google account page and finding the photo there - right clicked it, copied the url and pasted it into the dialogue and there it is. Thanks for your help - I'll get on with posting properly now. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, glad you solved the pic uploading issue and hope you get the answers you're seeking :)

Ask a Question