How to keep squirrels away

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
Country
United States
I have a big fat guy that pretty much ruined every fruit tree in my yard this year. He would pull every fruit from the tree even though it wasn't ripe. He would take one bite and throw it down and repeat the process until the tree was empty.

It is a delicate process since my wife has way more tolerance than me and does not approve of my methods.

I bought this bad boy. It is 10X stronger than a rat trap.

squirrel_trap.jpg

Now he is going after my grape vines. I placed grapes in it a few days ago and almost got him. My wife was not happy saying he was hurt and panting or crying this morning while he got out of it. I reset it and hope to get this over with soon.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Ah. It’s a fine balance. I understand they need to survive too but the “one bite - no good - next one please” method makes me crazy! I had to pick my tomatoes as soon as they blushed and my cabbages when they were roughly half grown just to get any harvest. And beans? Not a chance.

Ask a Question