sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yeh I' ve seen them also do you have a sears near you you can use plastic fencing with pipe in a circle then attach the fencing to the pipe with zip ties pipe in circle with fencing cut to the size you need and then zip tie the fencing to the pipe similar to the plant ring they have on diy section but heavier duty

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
yes I saw it somewhere either here in the diy section or on you tube not sure .You would get that light duty fencing and for the pipe anything that is flexible enough to make a circle but yet stiff enough to hold the plastic zip ties you can get at dollar stores .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I used something like this for my filter, real tough, no worry about it breaking.

http://plastic-grid.com/EnProductShow.asp?ID=364

You could also take some of the landscape fencing, plastic, rabbit fencing something with the smallest holes. Make a stand out of pvc zip the fencing to it.

Reaction score
Heres some pictures.

Attachments

• ash ca filter 002.jpg
    ash ca filter 002.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 239
  • ash ca filter 005.jpg
    ash ca filter 005.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 228

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
this is mine before I put it in barrel

Attachments

• fog and new waterfall 005.jpg
    fog and new waterfall 005.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 211
Reaction score
The end of the inlet pipe is at three feet, so I should be getting 475 GPH, do you think it would be worth it to lower the inlet the the very lowest point it could be at or leave that 6 inches.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
your talking about the part thats sticking out of the top of the garbage can .My one pump is 940 gph and other is1268 gph for other filter .I had 2 pipes going in mine because only 1 was not enough to fill the barrel up to have it come out the outlet .Even with 3 filter pads a layer of bio balls and a layer of lava rock

Reaction score
Why not? And I am. If that happens ill order a cheap harbor freight one. It might be because you restrict flow so much with the small holes that the water is forced through at the bottom of you input line.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
thats the pumps I have harbor freight my oldest one is 6 years the 1268 one they had about a month ago for 22 dollars and how can you pass that up .All my pumps are harbor freight they work great I usually get the warranty we have a harbor freight right here in Danville VA

Ask a Question