Hurricane Advice?

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Well this would be a horrible scenario...I really never thought of the fish actually leaving the pond...My turtle will probably leave also...Ugh! I don't have a net big enough net...Spent the day boarding up my windows (they are hurricane windows but only to 135 .... So scary...we are supposed to get a direct hit)
Any way to build a temporary habitat for the turtle indoors?

Stay safe!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well this would be a horrible scenario...I really never thought of the fish actually leaving the pond...My turtle will probably leave also...Ugh! I don't have a net big enough net...Spent the day boarding up my windows (they are hurricane windows but only to 135 .... So scary...we are supposed to get a direct hit)
Hunker down & stay safe! My BIL & his wife who live just south of Sarasota, in Nokomis, have put sandbags in place, boarded up their house & are staying with friends well inland. We're supposed to be vacationing down in your area (AMI) week after next. Hope there's an island to come down to. :oops:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We have a place on the east coast, hubbies son is down there said we got a lot of rain, tornado touch down 2 miles from our place, ow all in good shape.

Hope we hear good stuff from our west coast ponders.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b/10a
Country
United States
I'm west of Tampa in PInellas County and all is generally Ok here. Many in my county / area are without power and have trees down. I feel so fortunate, as I've got power, my friends and family are all ok, and the fish are fine in the pond. I have a few minor branches down and some small tree damage, with continuing high, gale force winds, but that's nothing in the scheme of things.
The counties south (west coast of Florida) and east (central Florida) of us experienced heavy wind damage and severe flooding which hasn't receded yet, and the storm is continuing up the east coast of Florida and South Carolina.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
I'm west of Tampa in PInellas County and all is generally Ok here. Many in my county / area are without power and have trees down. I feel so fortunate, as I've got power, my friends and family are all ok, and the fish are fine in the pond. I have a few minor branches down and some small tree damage, with continuing high, gale force winds, but that's nothing in the scheme of things.
The counties south (west coast of Florida) and east (central Florida) of us experienced heavy wind damage and severe flooding which hasn't receded yet, and the storm is continuing up the east coast of Florida and South Carolina.

Glad to hear you're OK! I hope the other folks in Florida will be able to check in soon to let us know they made it through. From what I see on the news, this was one humongous storm!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yes thank you @SarahT I too have been hoping and praying @rubyduby was not harmed by the storm. I hope we see her soon. Good to hear her fish and hopefully her little turtle made it through fine too.

Ask a Question