Hurricane Advice?

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
I heard from @rubyduby who is safe, though without power or internet. Her pond and fish are ok , pending removal of debris in the pond. I'll let her fill you in more as she gets back to normal.
Oh good! Thanks for the update!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well, looks like we are going to get slammed...Any advice as to my pond? I don't have a generator but I bought a solar aerator. Of course I won't be able to set it up until the winds and rain die down...I don't know how long we will be without power. I will shut off my pump once things get bad...Will the wind on the water help aerate? Calling for 10+ inches of rain...Stay safe SarahT and others here in Florida!
i would leave pond running let the power go out on its own then as you are provide aeration

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Well that was some storm! Wind was wicked and the rain, yikes! I am so happy that Florida has sandy soil! If that was my old home in Virginia with the clay soil I would have lost my fish for sure. Thank you all for the concerns...We are all fine including my fish and my turtle. I posted (Hungry Turtle) before I saw all of your posts on this thread. We JUST got our cable so I couldn't wait to see what I have been missing:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
glad to hear your doing good, hope everyone down there cant put the pieces back together quickly.

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
Well that was some storm! Wind was wicked and the rain, yikes! I am so happy that Florida has sandy soil! If that was my old home in Virginia with the clay soil I would have lost my fish for sure. Thank you all for the concerns...We are all fine including my fish and my turtle. I posted (Hungry Turtle) before I saw all of your posts on this thread. We JUST got our cable so I couldn't wait to see what I have been missing:)
Glad to hear that you and your pond dwellers made it through safe and sound!

Ask a Question