Reaction score
CRAIG'S LIST 5 TONS $350.00:banana::fish::banana:

Attachments

• IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 372
Reaction score
j.w said:
It looks like you got a good start on it. The fun part is now to come with the landscaping and fish :fish:

Yeah, actually it's a little farther along than that now, but no updated pics. I have a full day of pond and landscaping work ahead of me tomorrow. And the next saturday. And...
I'm waiting to add fish until the rest of the work is done. Motivation to get the less fun parts done, plus it is a bit too cold still for adding fish.

Yeah, hand digging in the clay is no fun. I spread it out over multiple days so I wouldn't get burned out.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
undrtkr_00 said:
Yeah, actually it's a little farther along than that now, but no updated pics. I have a full day of pond and landscaping work ahead of me tomorrow. And the next saturday. And...
I'm waiting to add fish until the rest of the work is done. Motivation to get the less fun parts done, plus it is a bit too cold still for adding fish.

Yeah, hand digging in the clay is no fun. I spread it out over multiple days so I wouldn't get burned out.

Yep you are down there in Oregon with prolly pretty much the same weather as here now. We were down in the 20's last night. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :cold:

I'll be shoveling compost today and tomorrow into my garden beds..........should be nice during the daytime thru Saturday here but Sunday the rain comes back :fish:

Enjoy your pond work...........you're on the road to finishing up and soon you will have your lovely fish in there to watch and relax beside the pond
fishpond23.gif

Reaction score
As far as the digging, I worked 8 hrs and then came home and dug for another 3-4 hrs a day. Wednesday until today. Now I think almost all digging is done!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I just used river rock from our local rock quarry for $5. a pick up load:
IMG_0881.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Actually some of them we picked up from a Puget Sound beach in front of my sis-in-laws home :lol: Or reclaimed them as you would state :lol:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It is actually called Smokey Pt Concrete. They also sell sand gravel, drain rock, concrete etc. so maybe look in your phone book under concrete cuz you might be surprised that wherever they sell concrete they might sell you cheap rock. We put on hardhats and were allowed to hand pick each and every rock we got there. They had mountains of all different sizes. It's gone up in price tho since that was a few yrs ago............I think it's $15. now. Still check around and see about it :)

Reaction score
Thats a great price for a pickup load. The rocks I just bought cost me $120. And that was at 10 cents/lb. Awesome find and advice!

Reaction score
koiguy1969 said:
$5.00 a pick up truck load? WOW! wish i could have found a deal like that

Yeah, that's really cheap. I think I pay something like $100/ton for the basalt. I'll probably have $300 in rock by the time I'm done.

Ask a Question