I get to redo my pond

Reaction score
My fish and lillies go back in tonight. Along with my new lights. Now, to do the lights, I have to wade in the water. Should have planned that one better. Hope it warms up today for that!!!! I will also take a pic today since the waterfall is now running!!

Reaction score
pond

Im trying something here

Reaction score
AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! We had 3 inches of rain and now parts of my liner are floating!!! Any ideas short of draining it? Also, got any tips on how to find where it is getting under at?

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If the border of your pond is all higher than the surrounding area, then the only way water could get under it is through a hole in the liner. This is, unless you have really high ground water.
Make sure you have a negative horizon all around the pond, with drainage.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Every thing DrDave said is spot on
I had a pond like that many ponds ago
If you have a pond level with the ground around you.
and you get a big rain and the pond is over run with water , at the same time the soil around and under your pond is saturated there is no pressure to hold the liner down
and it will flop up

until you redo the pond ,, try to divert some of the water around it

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
If you can get a vacuum between the liner and the ground without draining the pond, the weight of the water (in the pond) will help you evacuate it.

Reaction score
I can't believe I made a rookie mistake. I guess my boss, aka my wife, was rushing me a little too quick on it. Yeah that sounds good, I'll blame her:lol:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I may not be active much for the next week. My wife's mother passed away about an hour ago.:regular_waving_emot

Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear that. You have given me plenty of advice. I will dig down 3 inches deep at my rock line and run a piece of conduct from my trough out to my yard. Take care of your wife, she will need you!!

Ask a Question