addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I use the pl roofing stuff from home depot, it has lasted for years now fixing leaks, sealing rocks, directing water flow. I clean with acetone, dry it very well goop it up, let it dry done.

The foam directs water flow, it is not water leak proof, water will seep through the foam.

Reaction score
Yes, It is a filter fall. Just need to re-attach the liner before putting the rest back together. They used regular silicone, but if there is something better...more permanent, I prefer to use that. On one side, they foamed in the rocks that were placed next to the filter falls, and yes, the foam was saturated. Then on the other side, they used something else that was much harder and did not soak in water. I have no clue what was used, they put the pond together so fast. I mean I could have been brushing my teeth and go back outside to find a whole new stage completed. Less than two days is how fast, skipping alot of important details I'm now discovering.

Addy do you know the PL number? I have PL #35, will that work? And can I use it around the bottom and in between rocks (to fill in gaps) that are inside the liner?

Just have to say thanks again. Not only do I appreciate all the advice, but my stress level has been sliced in half because of your help :smile:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-...e-Roof-and-Flashing-Sealant-1675273/203163733

There are different numbers on the tubes they have all worked about the same. I just removed some from a temporary bucket filter I made for my inside tank. It took a lot work to pull it off. Well sealed flexible, the bucket had been sitting out in the ice and cold for a winter and it still was in great shape, the pl stuff was flexible and water tight.

I have used it to seal liner pieces together, seal between rocks to direct water, around pvc pipes to keep water in.
The main thing I have noticed is clean the area well, make sure it is dry (for the best water proof seal) to just direct water never worried about clean or dry, it still worked. If there is moisture it does not seem to stick well, without moisture it sticks like glue. I have varied between letting it dry well, i.e. a few days to instant water, did not seem to make a difference if you had it stuck well.

Reaction score
addy1 said:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-...e-Roof-and-Flashing-Sealant-1675273/203163733

There are different numbers on the tubes they have all worked about the same. I just removed some from a temporary bucket filter I made for my inside tank. It took a lot work to pull it off. Well sealed flexible, the bucket had been sitting out in the ice and cold for a winter and it still was in great shape, the pl stuff was flexible and water tight.

I have used it to seal liner pieces together, seal between rocks to direct water, around pvc pipes to keep water in.
The main thing I have noticed is clean the area well, make sure it is dry (for the best water proof seal) to just direct water never worried about clean or dry, it still worked. If there is moisture it does not seem to stick well, without moisture it sticks like glue. I have varied between letting it dry well, i.e. a few days to instant water, did not seem to make a difference if you had it stuck well.
Thank you addy, I didn't see this before I started a new topic just now. Thanks for the head start... :blueflower:

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
I edited most of it out for you. I hope I didn't take too much. It seems like you are getting the help you asked for.
Dave

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Pond42 Slider I sure hope you are able to tackle that big mess of rocks and liner. Just take it a little at a time and make sure the liner edges are all above the water level. I wish you much success in putting your pond back together again! Love the big rocks too! :)

Reaction score
callingcolleen1 said:
Pond42 Slider I sure hope you are able to tackle that big mess of rocks and liner. Just take it a little at a time and make sure the liner edges are all above the water level. I wish you much success in putting your pond back together again! Love the big rocks too! :)
Thanks cc....I have help today and I'm like you, Crazy bout rocks! I got most of them at an old lapidary they were getting ready to bulldoze down

Ask a Question