If you need a plant shelf......make you one

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
Like you shelf idea. Might have to build one myself but think I will use ABS pipe as it will not show against the black liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Like you shelf idea. Might have to build one myself but think I will use ABS pipe as it will not show against the black liner.
I painted mine black..... with a fish safe paint...... it’s been in the pond a month and a half and it already has a film of algae growing on it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Love the shelf! I recently had to redneck-engineer something for my pickerel rush and just used a black milk crate. It's too light, though, and the floor of my pond isn't flat so it's not level. I'll have to pull it apart and mess with it at some point.

The fern you posted looks like what we call Mountain Fern:

I have a ton of it growing wild in the woods and I've thought about transplanting it to my shade garden for height, but I'm not in love with it so I don't know. I really need to plant something tall, then some hostas or something in front of it, then use the fern to fill in between them.

Ask a Question